- November 11: Audi and VW Recall Will Replace Rearview Cameras recalls | 20 days ago
- November 4: VW Recalls Vehicles Over Tire Pressure Monitoring System Problems recalls | 27 days ago
- October 19: Audi Q5 and VW Atlas Engines May Need to be Replaced recalls | 43 days ago
- October 17: Porsche Fuel Economy Settlement Information news | 45 days ago
- October 8: VW Atlas Fuel Injector Issues: Investigation Closed investigations | 54 days ago
Volkswagen Recall 69Q9: Driver's Frontal Air Bag Inflator May Rupture
2012 Volkswagen Eos
In the event of a crash necessitating deployment of the driver's frontal air bag, the inflator could explode with metal fragments striking the vehicle occupants potentially resulting in serious injury or death.
Air Bags — Frontal — Driver Side — Inflator Module
- Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Volkswagen) is recalling certain 2009-2014 Volkswagen CC, 2010-2014 Golf, 2010-2014 Eos, 2007-2010 Passat Sedan and Wagon, and 2012-2014 Passat vehicles. Upon deployment of the driver's frontal air bag, excessive internal pressure may cause the inflator to explode.
- Volkswagen will notify owners, and dealers will replace the driver's frontal air bag inflator with an alternative inflator, free of charge. The recall began March 16, 2018. Owners may contact Volkswagen customer service at 1-800-893-5298. Volkswagen's number for this recall is 69Q9. Note: This recall partially supersedes recall 16V-078.
Click a tab for more information.