- September 15: VW Timing Chain Tensioner Class-Action Settlement Nears news | 5 days ago
- September 10: VW Touareg Drain Valve Lawsuit Says Water Enters Air Filters news | 10 days ago
- September 7: Volkswagen Recalls Atlas SUVs For Airbag Dangers recalls | 13 days ago
- September 5: Volkswagen Agrees to Settle $48 Million Investor Lawsuit news | 15 days ago
- September 5: New European Emissions Test Causing Volkswagen Problems news | 15 days ago
Volkswagen Recall UF: Vw/B-Pillar Mat/Fire
1999 Volkswagen Golf
This could result in a fire.
Structure — Frame And Members
- Vehicle description: Passenger vehicles. The sound absorbing mat attached to the inside of the B-pillar side trim panel could have been improperly installed. Surface and edges of the mat could have been damaged during the assembly process. It could ignite when exposed to the exhaust gas of the seat belt pre-tensioner igniter in the event of a severe front or side collision.
- Dealers will remove the matting materials from inside the B-pillar on both sides of the vehicle.
- Documents (4)
Click a tab for more information.