- December 10: VW and Audi Models Recalled For Head Restraint Problems recalls | 5 days ago
- December 5: VW Recalls Atlas, Tiguan and Jetta For Software Issues recalls | 10 days ago
- October 27: Porsche to Pay $54 Million to Shareholders Over Diesel Vehicles news | 49 days ago
- October 18: Audi Fined $925 Million For Emissions Cheating news | 58 days ago
- October 17: Volkswagen Recalls 2019 Jetta For LED Headlight Trouble recalls | 59 days ago
Volkswagen Recall WN: Vw/FMVSS 110/Tire Inflation Pressure Incorrect
1999 Volkswagen Golf
Under inflated tires can affect vehicle handling, and driving with substantially under inflated tires puts the consumer at risk for a crash.
Equipment — Other — Labels
- Certain passenger vehicles equipped with 2.8L VR6 engines fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard no. 110, "tire selection and rims." The recommended cold tire inflation pressure published on the label for tires of the size 205/50 R15 86H is 0.1 bar (1.45 psi) too low. It should be 2.5 bar (36.3 psi). The label recommends 2.4 bar (34.8 psi = 35 psi).
- Owners will be provided with corrected labels, or a dealer can install the label if the owner wishes. Owner notification began September 29, 2003. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact VW at 1-800-893-5298.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.