- March 19: VW Beetles and Beetle Convertibles Recalled For Software Problems recalls | 5 days ago
- March 15: Volkswagen Charged by the SEC For Defrauding Investors news | 9 days ago
- February 26: Volkswagen + Takata = Recall recalls | 26 days ago
- February 19: VW Recalls Atlas, Golf SportWagen and Jetta For Coil Springs recalls | 33 days ago
- February 10: Electric Car Range Decreases in Cold Temps news | 42 days ago
Volkswagen Recall 42J2/42J3: Rear Coil Springs May Fracture
2015 Volkswagen Golf
If a coil spring fractures while driving, it may damage a rear tire causing a loss of vehicle control, increasing the risk of a crash.
Suspension — Rear — Springs — Coil Springs
- Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Volkswagen) is recalling certain 2018-2019 Volkswagen Atlas, 2015 Volkswagen Golf SportWagen, and 2019 Volkswagen Jetta vehicles. The rear coil springs may prematurely fracture.
- Volkswagen has notified owners, and dealers will replace the rear axle coil springs, free of charge. The recall began January 31, 2019. Owners may contact Volkswagen customer service at 1-800-893-5298. Volkswagen's number for this recall is 42J2/42J3.
Click a tab for more information.