- March 19: VW Beetles and Beetle Convertibles Recalled For Software Problems recalls | 4 days ago
- March 15: Volkswagen Charged by the SEC For Defrauding Investors news | 8 days ago
- February 26: Volkswagen + Takata = Recall recalls | 25 days ago
- February 19: VW Recalls Atlas, Golf SportWagen and Jetta For Coil Springs recalls | 32 days ago
- February 10: Electric Car Range Decreases in Cold Temps news | 41 days ago
Volkswagen Recall 37L5: Key May Be Removed While Not In Park/FMVSS 114
2016 Volkswagen Golf
Removing the key while the shift lever is in a position other than "Park" increases the risk of an unintended vehicle rollaway that may result in personal injury or a crash.
Steering — Column Locking — Anti-Theft Device
Electrical System — Ignition — Anti-Theft Controller
- Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Volkswagen) is recalling certain 2015-2018 Volkswagen Golf and Golf Sportwagen vehicles. The build of silicate on the shift lever micro switch contacts may enable the key to be removed from the ignition while the vehicle shift lever is not in "Park." As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 114, "Theft Protection and Rollaway Prevention."
- Volkswagen will notify owners, and dealers will install an additional switch and circuit board, free of charge. Volkswagen issued owners an interim notification on August 10, 2018. Owners may contact Volkswagen customer service at 1-800-893-5298. Volkswagen's number for this recall is 37L5.
Click a tab for more information.