- April 18: Offices of Audi and Porsche Raided by German Prosecutors news | 4 days ago
- March 30: Ram 2500/3500 Emissions Lawsuit Dismissed news | 23 days ago
- March 15: VW Recalls CC, Eos, Golf and Passat for Takata Airbags recalls | 38 days ago
- March 2: Volkswagen CC Suspension Problems Cause Tire Wear: Lawsuit news | 50 days ago
- February 22: VW Tiguan Limiteds Have Wrong Steering Wheels and Airbags recalls | 58 days ago
Volkswagen Recall UF: Vw/B-Pillar Mat/Fire
1999 Volkswagen Jetta
This could result in a fire.
Structure — Frame And Members
- Vehicle description: Passenger vehicles. The sound absorbing mat attached to the inside of the B-pillar side trim panel could have been improperly installed. Surface and edges of the mat could have been damaged during the assembly process. It could ignite when exposed to the exhaust gas of the seat belt pre-tensioner igniter in the event of a severe front or side collision.
- Dealers will remove the matting materials from inside the B-pillar on both sides of the vehicle.
- Documents (4)
Click a tab for more information.