- July 10: Investigation: 2018 VW Tiguan Seat Belts Are Breaking investigations | 7 days ago
- July 9: Appeals Court Rules VW Stuck With $10 Billion Settlement news | 8 days ago
- July 5: Volkswagen Lawsuit Says Safety Features Don't Work as Advertised news | 12 days ago
- July 3: Volkswagen Age Discrimination Lawsuit Filed in Tennessee news | 14 days ago
- June 30: 2018 VW and Audi Drivers: Park Your Vehicles recalls | 17 days ago
Volkswagen Recall UF: Vw/B-Pillar Mat/Fire
1999 Volkswagen Jetta
This could result in a fire.
Structure — Frame And Members
- Vehicle description: Passenger vehicles. The sound absorbing mat attached to the inside of the B-pillar side trim panel could have been improperly installed. Surface and edges of the mat could have been damaged during the assembly process. It could ignite when exposed to the exhaust gas of the seat belt pre-tensioner igniter in the event of a severe front or side collision.
- Dealers will remove the matting materials from inside the B-pillar on both sides of the vehicle.
- Documents (4)
Click a tab for more information.