- December 10: VW and Audi Models Recalled For Head Restraint Problems recalls | 2 days ago
- December 5: VW Recalls Atlas, Tiguan and Jetta For Software Issues recalls | 7 days ago
- October 27: Porsche to Pay $54 Million to Shareholders Over Diesel Vehicles news | 46 days ago
- October 18: Audi Fined $925 Million For Emissions Cheating news | 55 days ago
- October 17: Volkswagen Recalls 2019 Jetta For LED Headlight Trouble recalls | 56 days ago
Volkswagen Recall UF: Vw/B-Pillar Mat/Fire
1999 Volkswagen Jetta
This could result in a fire.
Structure — Frame And Members
- Vehicle description: Passenger vehicles. The sound absorbing mat attached to the inside of the B-pillar side trim panel could have been improperly installed. Surface and edges of the mat could have been damaged during the assembly process. It could ignite when exposed to the exhaust gas of the seat belt pre-tensioner igniter in the event of a severe front or side collision.
- Dealers will remove the matting materials from inside the B-pillar on both sides of the vehicle.
- Documents (4)
Click a tab for more information.