- April 22: VW Clock Spring Recall May Have Failed investigations | 2 days ago
- April 18: Offices of Audi and Porsche Raided by German Prosecutors news | 6 days ago
- March 30: Ram 2500/3500 Emissions Lawsuit Dismissed news | 25 days ago
- March 15: VW Recalls CC, Eos, Golf and Passat for Takata Airbags recalls | 40 days ago
- March 2: Volkswagen CC Suspension Problems Cause Tire Wear: Lawsuit news | 53 days ago
Volkswagen Recall WP: Vw/FMVSS 100/Tire Inflation Pressure Incorrect
1999 Volkswagen Jetta
Under inflated tires can affect vehicle handling, and driving with substantialy under inflated tires puts the consumer at a risk for a crash.
Equipment — Other — Labels
- Certain passenger vehicles equipped with 2.8L VR6 engines fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard no. 110, "tire selection and rims." The recommended cold tire inflation pressure published on the label for tires of the size 205/50 R15 86H is 0.1 bar (1.45 psi) too low. It should be 2.5 bar (36.3 psi). The label recommends 2.4 bar (34.8 psi = 35 psi).
- Owners will be provided with corrected labels, or a dealer can install the label if the owner wishes. Owner notification began September 29, 2003. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact VW at 1-800-893-5298.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.