- October 16: Porsche Will Have a Diesel-Free Future news | 1 days ago
- October 8: Former Owners Of VW Diesel Vehicles May Have a Case news | 9 days ago
- September 30: Volkswagen Shareholders Say Emissions Cheating Cost Them Big news | 17 days ago
- September 20: European Commission Investigates BMW, Daimler and VW news | 27 days ago
- September 15: VW Timing Chain Tensioner Class-Action Settlement Nears news | 32 days ago
Volkswagen Recall WP: Vw/FMVSS 100/Tire Inflation Pressure Incorrect
1999 Volkswagen Jetta
Under inflated tires can affect vehicle handling, and driving with substantialy under inflated tires puts the consumer at a risk for a crash.
Equipment — Other — Labels
- Certain passenger vehicles equipped with 2.8L VR6 engines fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard no. 110, "tire selection and rims." The recommended cold tire inflation pressure published on the label for tires of the size 205/50 R15 86H is 0.1 bar (1.45 psi) too low. It should be 2.5 bar (36.3 psi). The label recommends 2.4 bar (34.8 psi = 35 psi).
- Owners will be provided with corrected labels, or a dealer can install the label if the owner wishes. Owner notification began September 29, 2003. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact VW at 1-800-893-5298.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.