8.0

$2,000.00

1. replace the clutch (2 reports)
  3. repair clutch (1 reports)
2016 Volkswagen Jetta clutch problems

clutch problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Volkswagen Jetta:

2016 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

Sep 012017

Jetta TSI 1.4L

I'd purchase the 2016 Jetta TSI just over a year ago. It has 10,500 miles, I drive it to my part-time work or to go work out. My clutch went out as I was going to a subbing job, so I'm out of of my wages for half day, it's a nice car and gives me gutchreat gas mileage, but for the clutch to go, I've driven 3 cars in lifetime 4 speed to 6 speed and the clutch never went out on me. I took to the dealer and they told me it was covered if it was just wear and tear

if there is something wrong with the clutch then they will cover it. If they don't , It will cost me 1,500 for a clutch.

There is something wrong here if they can't cover the clutch. I'm very disappointed and frustrated.

- , El Paso, US

Aug 042017

Jetta Sport 1.8t

Driving up a hill, our 2016 Jetta started making a burning smell. Suspecting a clutch issue, we took it to the dealer the next day. Despite being in warranty, they want $1,000 to inspect it, and are suggesting it could have been caused by abuse or wear and tear. We've driving manuals for years, and it's not clear how this could be wear and tear after only 8,000 miles.

- , Sunnyvale, CA, US

Dec 012016

Jetta TSI 1.8L Turbo

I bought 2 brand new Jettas in Jan of 2016. I trusted VW even though they ripped off a lot of people with their fake emissions data etc. First my red one strands my daughter on the highway. Car had to be towed in at night. They never could figure out the problem. The day after I picked up the red one from the dealer repair my black Jetta strands my wife. 11,000 miles. They claimed abuse. My original tires are still like new a year later. They made me pay $800 and the car was less than a year old. I no longer trust VW of America and I will be trading both my Jettas in on the new 2018 Honda Accords. I can't wait! I love my Jettas but I was betrayed by the company so they have to go!

- , Daleville, AL, US

Jul 162016

Jetta TSI 1.4t

It seems that they just can't take responsibility for their poor workmanship on their vehicles. I have a 2016 VW Jetta with a manual transmission and it has just over 9000 miles on it and I have noticed that it didn't like going into reverse, so I brought it in to the Savannah VW dealership where I bought the car and after a little bit of a fight they admitted that something was wrong. They gave me a loaner and said they will be in contact. Well they were. They called and told me that I burnt out the clutch due to overheating it and that I would be responsible for the repair cost, but in a good will gesture they will help me pay for the repair. I told them that most of the miles on that car are highway miles and that I have never had any of my previous 5 cars have any clutch issues, and that I was very easy on that clutch, never popped it, or drove it hard. They just kept on saying that they have pictures and that they will not cover the repair because it is a part that wears out. Long story short, they refused to pay for the total repair cost and are telling me it's my fault. Even though I have record of there being an issue when the car was under 1000 miles, but was told to not worry about the issue unless it kept happening because sometimes they can be the way they were when their new. I just want to warn everyone to stay away from VW because you will lose and VW will not do anything to help you.

- , Statesboro, GA, USA