2019 Volkswagen Jetta transmission problems: transmission fluid leak

Transmission Fluid Leak

2019 Volkswagen Jetta

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Volkswagen dealer.

7.2

1. replace trans cooler o-rings (3 reports)
2019 Volkswagen Jetta transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2019 Volkswagen Jetta:

2019 Volkswagen Jetta Owner Comments

Oct 272018

Jetta

Well again my I had to take my 2019 Jetta back to Lunde's in Peoria, AZ. After the transmission leak was fixed in August, I noticed about a month later the car was jerking a lot and not accelerating when I had to foot on the gas pedal. ( Like when you push on the gas, but discover your car is neutral and not drive.) This became very dangerous and the delay time was getting longer and longer to the point where it was about half a minute before it would accelerate. Very scary!!

I took my Jetta back into Lunde's (again, see my 1st complaint above) and they had my car for a month. They replaced the O rings, as people have mentioned on here and I was told that NOW VW has remade all the o rings to work and fit properly in the transmission. I picked up my car at Lunde's and immediately went to get gas. I was waiting in line with the car in park & still running. When I went to put the car in drive said restart engine! So the car shut off on me! I called Lunde's back and was told if it happens again to call them. Well, it did, and I did not call them back because I opened up a case with VW of America to try to get a buyback or replacement vehicle. Now I have to wait to see if my auto loan company First Investors will process the Substitution of Collateral request. This way I can keep everything the same on my loan (bc I upgraded and now have negative equity the Buy Back option is not financially a good option for me) So of course my Auto loan company states "they do not do that anymore".

So now I am going back and forth with them so I am not stuck in an unsafe car. So bottom line, do not buy a 2019 Jetta until VW gets more things figured out on ALL the faultly parts AND do not get an auto loan with First Investors.

- Amanda O., Glendale, US

Nov 202018

Jetta SE 1.4L

Took car in for oil change 2 days before going out of town for Thanksgiving. Business would not touch the car because they saw what looked like an oil leak. They advised me to take it back to the dealership immediately. I took the car to the dealership immediately the next day. They advised me that it was the transmission leaking. The ended up keeping the car for 18 days. Every time they called or I called to check on the car, I was told that the parts were on order but have not come in yet. Got the car back and noticed a strong smell which stopped after the first day. However, after about 3 days the car started driving funny. When pressing the accelerator, the car struggles to go. The strong smell came back and a grinding noise has started.

- Michelle B., Baltimore, MD, US

Oct 272018

Jetta Execline 1.4L

DO NOT PURCHASE A 2019 VW JETTA UNTIL THEY FIGURE THE NEW PROBLEM OUT.

I purchased a new 2019 Jetta Execline from Pickering Volkswagen on Oct 20, 2018. Drove the car and noticed noises coming from the left side of the engine. The sales manager at the dealership informed me that they know about noises but that is normal. When the noises became even more annoying, the car was taken in on Sat Oct 27, 2018 (one week later) as I cannot accept that this is normal.

When the car was on the hoist the mechanic said the transmission seals were leaking and showed me it dripping. Also, the two drive shafts were making clicking noises when each drive shaft was turned by hand even slightly. If you rotate the wheels, there was a distinct clicking noise and he said this is the second time it has happened where the new cars have bad seals, but that the clicking noises this problem has happened before. I asked why wouldn't you tell your customers that there is a problem before I bought the car, and there was no answer by John Callaghan.

The sales manager said that he knew there is noise complaints with the new car, but that was normal. NORMAL my @$$. The service manager did his best to smooth things over by saying he was working for me, but he also is aware that the noises have been something they experience but aren't telling the purchasers because it's not on every sale.

CHECK CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU BUY FROM PICKERING VW, THEY MAY NOT TELL YOU EVERYTHING ABOUT YOUR CAR PURCHASE, AND THEN SAY THEY CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT TAKING THE CAR BACK AS THEY ONLY SELL THE CAR. WHAT B.S.

I believe that the new 2019 Jetta may have another problem like the diesel problem where they are selling cars even though they know there are mechanical and potential safety issues with the car.

DO NOT BUY A 2019 JETTA UNTIL VW FIGURES THIS OUT AND REPLACES THE BAD CARS OR FIXES THEM ALL!!

- tomvasko1, Pickering, ON, Canada

Jul 272018

Jetta

I had not even made my first car payment when I brought my car in for a flat tire. It was then that the dealer discovered a large transmission leak. No lights went on in my 2019 Jetta to indicate there was leak let alone a problem. I had a loaner car for 2 and half weeks because the dealer stated they did not know when the 2019 transmission fluid would be released from Volkswagen. Not only did my new Jetta have a huge leak, and needed to repair the transmission with new parts, but I had to wait a long time.

- Amanda O., Glendale, US

Sep 012018

Jetta ALL 1.4L 4i

VEHICLE WAS TAKEN IN FOR 10K SERVICE. TECHNICIANS NOTICED THE TRANSMISSION OIL WAS LEAKING BADLY AND VERY LOW ON FLUID. FIX WAS COVERED UNDER ORIGINAL FACTORY WARRANTY WHICH INCLUDED REMOVING THE TRANSMISSION AND REPLACING THE FAULTY TRANS COOLER O-RINGS. THIS IS APPARENTLY A WELL KNOWN PROBLEM ON ALL 2019 JETTA'S (ALL TRIMS).

ANYONE NOTICING A TRANSMISSION OIL LEAK ON ANY 2019 JETTA ARE ENCOURAGED TO BRING THE VEHICLE BACK TO THE DEALER FOR IMMEDIATE REPAIR BEFORE PARTS GO ON BACK ORDER AGAIN.

- mustangfever83, Mount Laurel, New Jersey, US