2012 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen:

2012 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen Owner Comments

May 152017

Jetta SportWagen

Car is serviced at VW dealer every 10,000 miles. At 70,000 miles they tell me my rear side door hinges are rusted and need replacement at my costs. Why would door hinges rust away" when it does rain when I open the rear doors, water does pour our the bottom of door.. poor german engineering design? 2nd problem: They tell me my emergency/parking brake cable, etc., is rusted away. Another engineering problem? again I'd have to pay. 3rd problem: At 73,000 miles my rear hatch will not open. Brought it in and they say it's the electronic part that went bad. Engineering" I paid for repair. I bought the car new and it's only 5 years old.

- Oak Ridge, NJ, USA

Apr 052016

Jetta SportWagen

4/5/16 4:30pm, vehicle would not shut off. Brought to Volkswagen dealers who diagnosed vehicle with an ignition lock cylinder housing issue. The vehicle did not stall or fail in that sense, but it is still distressing to have a fault on the ignition switch.

- Bixby, OK, USA