- December 10: VW and Audi Models Recalled For Head Restraint Problems recalls | 3 days ago
- December 5: VW Recalls Atlas, Tiguan and Jetta For Software Issues recalls | 8 days ago
- October 27: Porsche to Pay $54 Million to Shareholders Over Diesel Vehicles news | 47 days ago
- October 18: Audi Fined $925 Million For Emissions Cheating news | 56 days ago
- October 17: Volkswagen Recalls 2019 Jetta For LED Headlight Trouble recalls | 57 days ago
Volkswagen Recall WD: Vw/FMVSS 110/Load Rating/Tires
2002 Volkswagen Passat
These vehicles should have been equipped with tires having the load rating index 97H.
- Certain sedans and station wagons equipped with 4.0L W8 engines fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard no. 110, "tire selection and rims." The affected vehicles are equipped with tires of the maximum load rating index 93H; however, they should have been equipped with tires with the load rating index 97H.
- Dealers will replace all four tires with the proper size tires. Owner notification began September 19, 2003. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact VW at 1-800-822-8987.
- Documents (10)
Click a tab for more information.