- April 18: Offices of Audi and Porsche Raided by German Prosecutors news | 1 days ago
- March 30: Ram 2500/3500 Emissions Lawsuit Dismissed news | 20 days ago
- March 15: VW Recalls CC, Eos, Golf and Passat for Takata Airbags recalls | 35 days ago
- March 2: Volkswagen CC Suspension Problems Cause Tire Wear: Lawsuit news | 48 days ago
- February 22: VW Tiguan Limiteds Have Wrong Steering Wheels and Airbags recalls | 56 days ago
Volkswagen Recall WD: Vw/FMVSS 110/Load Rating/Tires
2002 Volkswagen Passat
These vehicles should have been equipped with tires having the load rating index 97H.
- Certain sedans and station wagons equipped with 4.0L W8 engines fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard no. 110, "tire selection and rims." The affected vehicles are equipped with tires of the maximum load rating index 93H; however, they should have been equipped with tires with the load rating index 97H.
- Dealers will replace all four tires with the proper size tires. Owner notification began September 19, 2003. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact VW at 1-800-822-8987.
- Documents (10)
Click a tab for more information.