- December 29: Volkswagen Recalls 2018 Tiguans For Roof Problems recalls | 29 days ago
- November 28: Volkswagen Emissions Scandal Far From Over news | 60 days ago
- November 26: VW Transmission Class Action Lawsuit Settlement Reached news | 62 days ago
- November 24: VW Atlas Air Conditioning Drain Tubes May Become Blocked recalls | 64 days ago
- November 11: 2022 Volkswagen Tiguans Recalled For Brake Problems recalls | 77 days ago
Volkswagen Engineering Analysis EA07014: PASSENGER ENGINE COMPARTMENT FIRES
2005 Volkswagen Passat
PASSENGER ENGINE COMPARTMENT FIRES
Engine And Engine Cooling:Exhaust System
- The manufacturer notified NHTSA on 04-Apr-08 that a safety recall action would be initiated to remedy the issue.in June 2008, the manufacturer issued a technical service bulletin (code 26E5/R5) regarding the specific procedures to be employed in this campaign.vehicle owner notification letters were sent beginning approximately June 13, 2008.the campaign was assigned NHTSA no. 08V-156.this recall affects all MY 1999-2005, 5th generation gasoline-powered Passat sedans and station wagons.approximately 412,000 vehicles are affected.corrective action will consist of installing additional exhaust system heat shielding to mitigate the potential thermal effects of engine ignition problems.based on this action, the subject ea has been closed.
- Documents (3)
Click a tab for more information.