- May 13: VW Exploding Sunroof Class Action Lawsuit Won't Be Dismissed news | 12 days ago
- May 11: Porsche Emissions Issues Cause A Loss of $598 Million news | 14 days ago
- May 2: Volkswagen Recalls Tiguans For Wrong Tire Labels recalls | 23 days ago
- April 24: VW Recalls 2019 Atlas and 2020 Passat recalls | 31 days ago
- April 14: Takata Airbag Recall Loaner Car Policies Lacking news | 41 days ago
Volkswagen Recall 69L2: Air Bag Clock Spring May Fail
2010 Volkswagen Passat
A loss of electrical connection to the driver's frontal air bag will prevent the air bag from deploying in the event of a vehicle crash, increasing the risk of injury.
Air Bags — Frontal
- Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Volkswagen) is recalling certain model year 2010-2014 Volkswagen CC, and Passat, 2010-2013 Eos, 2011-2014 Golf, GTI, Jetta, and Tiguan, and 2012-2014 Jetta Sportwagen vehicles. In the affected vehicles, debris may contaminate the air bag clock spring, a spiral wound, flat cable that keeps the air bag powered while the steering wheel is being turned. This contamination may tear the cable and result in a loss of electrical connection to the driver's frontal air bag.
- Volkswagen will notify owners, and dealers will install a protective cover over the steering wheel clock spring if the air bag light is off. If the airbag light is on and the steering wheel clock spring requires replacement, dealers will install a new steering wheel clock spring. These repairs will be performed free of charge. The recall began on January 15, 2016. Owners may contact Volkswagen customer service at 1-800-822-8987.
- Documents (19)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Subject: Recent Parts Allocation – Steering Wheel Clock Spring Service Parts
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 3
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: September 25, 2015 Subject: Interim Customer Notification for Safety Recall 69L2 - Steering Wheel Clock Spring and Parts Allocation for Critical Cases
- ISSUED Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Safety Recall 69L2– Steering Wheel Clock Spring – Code Visibility Certain 2010-2014 MY Volkswagen Vehicles
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Upcoming Safety Recall – Steering Wheel Clock Spring Certain 2010-2014 MY Volkswagen Vehicles
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 2
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - Safety Recall Code: 69L2 Subject: Steering Wheel Clock Spring Release Date: December 10, 2015
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: December 09, 2015
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2016-2
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2017-1
Click a tab for more information.