- June 19: Audi CEO Rupert Stadler Arrested In Germany news | 2 days ago
- June 18: Volkswagen Recalls 2018 Atlas SUVs To Fix Seat Belt Buckles recalls | 3 days ago
- June 18: German Prosecutors Nail Volkswagen for $1.2 Billion news | 3 days ago
- June 14: VW Recalls 252 Vehicles, 233 To Be Bought Back recalls | 7 days ago
- June 11: Mercedes Recalls 774,000 Vehicles With Emissions 'Defeat Devices' recalls | 10 days ago
Volkswagen Recall 23W5: Heat Shield Not Long Enough To Prevent Damage
2013 Volkswagen Passat
If the leaking grease contacts a heated surface, such as the exhaust system and/or the diesel particulate filter (DPF), it could increase the risk of fire.
Engine And Engine Cooling — Engine — Diesel
Power Train — Driveline — Driveshaft
- Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Volkswagen) is recalling certain 2012-2014 Passat vehicles, equipped with diesel engines and Direct-Shift Transmissions (DSG). The vehicle's underbody heat shield may not be long enough to protect the right half-shaft grease boot from heat, potentially resulting in a grease leak.
- Volkswagen will notify owners, and dealers will replace the driveshaft heat shield, free of charge. The recall began on July 7, 2017. Owners may contact Volkswagen customer service at 1-800-893-5298. Volkswagen's number for this recall is 23W5.
- Documents (8)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577) - VW Customer Letter PRI
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577) - VW Customer Letter USA
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - Subject Heat Shield/Boost Hose Release Date July 7, 2017
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: July 06, 2017 Subject: Repair Available for Safety Recall 23W5 – Heat Shield/Boost Hose
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-3
- Recall Quarterly Report- Report #2 2017-4
Click a tab for more information.