- April 22: VW Clock Spring Recall May Have Failed investigations | 2 days ago
- April 18: Offices of Audi and Porsche Raided by German Prosecutors news | 6 days ago
- March 30: Ram 2500/3500 Emissions Lawsuit Dismissed news | 25 days ago
- March 15: VW Recalls CC, Eos, Golf and Passat for Takata Airbags recalls | 40 days ago
- March 2: Volkswagen CC Suspension Problems Cause Tire Wear: Lawsuit news | 53 days ago
Volkswagen Recall 23W5: Heat Shield Not Long Enough To Prevent Damage
2014 Volkswagen Passat
If the leaking grease contacts a heated surface, such as the exhaust system and/or the diesel particulate filter (DPF), it could increase the risk of fire.
Engine And Engine Cooling — Engine — Diesel
Power Train — Driveline — Driveshaft
- Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Volkswagen) is recalling certain 2012-2014 Passat vehicles, equipped with diesel engines and Direct-Shift Transmissions (DSG). The vehicle's underbody heat shield may not be long enough to protect the right half-shaft grease boot from heat, potentially resulting in a grease leak.
- Volkswagen will notify owners, and dealers will replace the driveshaft heat shield, free of charge. The recall began on July 7, 2017. Owners may contact Volkswagen customer service at 1-800-893-5298. Volkswagen's number for this recall is 23W5.
- Documents (8)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577) - VW Customer Letter PRI
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577) - VW Customer Letter USA
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - Subject Heat Shield/Boost Hose Release Date July 7, 2017
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: July 06, 2017 Subject: Repair Available for Safety Recall 23W5 – Heat Shield/Boost Hose
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-3
- Recall Quarterly Report- Report #2 2017-4
Click a tab for more information.