- June 18: Volkswagen Recalls 2018 Atlas SUVs To Fix Seat Belt Buckles recalls | 1 days ago
- June 18: German Prosecutors Nail Volkswagen for $1.2 Billion news | 1 days ago
- June 14: VW Recalls 252 Vehicles, 233 To Be Bought Back recalls | 5 days ago
- June 11: Mercedes Recalls 774,000 Vehicles With Emissions 'Defeat Devices' recalls | 8 days ago
- June 5: 2018 VW Tiguan Long-Wheelbase SUVs Recalled Again recalls | 14 days ago
Volkswagen Recall 72F1: Possible Movement Of Seatback
2015 Volkswagen Passat
Unexpected movement of the driver's seatback may distract the driver, increasing the risk of a crash.
- Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Volkswagen) is recalling certain model year 2015 Volkswagen Jetta and Passat vehicles manufactured September 23, 2014, to October 9, 2014, and equipped with manual front seatback recliners. In the affected vehicles, the seatback recliner retaining bracket may not engage correctly, resulting in unexpected movement of the seatback.
- Volkswagen will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the assembly of the seatback recliner retaining bracket, correcting it as necessary, free of charge. The recall began in October 2014. Owners may contact Volkswagen customer service at 1-800-893-5298. Volkswagen's number for this recall is 72F1.
- Documents (11)
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2014-Q4
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Issued Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q2
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q3
- Other Recall Related Documents- Frequently Asked Questions
- Defect Notice 573 Report
Click a tab for more information.