- October 10: Volkswagen Atlas SUVs Recalled To Replace Fuel Tanks recalls | 7 days ago
- September 8: Petition Says VW GTI, Golf GTI and Jetta GLI Vehicles Stall investigations | 39 days ago
- September 8: Volkswagen Fuel Economy Lawsuit Settlement Proposed news | 39 days ago
- September 7: Volkswagen Fuel Economy Overstated By 1 MPG news | 40 days ago
- August 26: Lawsuit Says VW Owners Suffered 'Psychological Damage' news | 52 days ago
Volkswagen Recall 47N8, 47N9, 47N6: Insufficient Coating On Brake Caliper Pistons
2018 Volkswagen Passat
A reduction of braking performance can increase the risk of a crash.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic — Foundation Components — Disc — Caliper
- Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Volkswagen) is recalling certain 2018 Volkswagen Atlas, Passat, Beetle, Beetle Convertible, Golf, Golf SportWagen and GTI and Audi Q5 and SQ5 vehicles. The brake caliper pistons on these vehicles may have insufficient coating, potentially reducing the brake performance.
- Volkswagen and Audi will notify their owners. Audi dealers will bleed the rear brakes. Volkswagen dealers will bleed the front and rear brake calipers. Note: Owners are advised not to drive their vehicles until the brake system has been checked. The recall began June 29, 2018. Owners may contact Volkswagen customer service at 1-800-893-5298 and Audi customer service at 1-800-253-2834. Volkswagen's numbers for this recall are 47N8, 47N9, and 47N6.
Click a tab for more information.