- October 28: VW Jetta Recall Issued For Fuel Leaks and Fires recalls | 28 days ago
- September 23: Volkswagen Recalls Passat Cars To Replace Airbags recalls | 63 days ago
- September 18: Duralast Master Cylinder Recall Issued For VW Vehicles recalls | 68 days ago
- September 2: VW Recalls Atlas Cross Sports For Headlight Problems recalls | 84 days ago
- September 2: Volkswagen Recalls Vehicles For Seat Backrest Frames recalls | 84 days ago
Volkswagen Recall 28H1: Ignition Switch May Turn Off
2009 Volkswagen Routan
If the ignition key inadvertently moves into the OFF or ACCESSORY position, the engine will turn off, which will then depower various key safety systems including, but not limited to, air bags, power steering, and power braking. Loss of functionality of these systems may increase the risk of crash and/or increase the risk of injury in the event of a crash.
Electrical System — Ignition — Switch
- Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Volkswagen) is recalling certain model year 2009 Routan vehicles manufactured June 25, 2008, to July 8, 2009, and 2010 Routan vehicles manufactured October 1, 2009, to August 11, 2010. This defect can affect the safe operation of the airbag system. Until this recall is performed, customers should remove all items from their key rings, leaving only the ignition key. The key fob (if applicable), should also be removed from the key ring. Road conditions or some other jarring event may cause the ignition switch to move out of the run position, turning off the engine.
- Volkswagen will notify owners, and dealers will replace the ignition switch and key FOBs, free of charge. The recall began on June 23, 2015. Owners may contact Volkswagen customer service at 1-800-822-8987. Volkswagen's number for this recall is 28H1. Note: This recall supersedes recalls 11V151 and 14V396. Vehicles that previously received an ignition switch trim ring as a recall remedy must have their vehicles remedied again under this campaign. Vehicles that have already received a new ignition switch are not covered by this campaign.
- Documents (19)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Scan Tool Software Tip
- Ignition Switch (WIN Module) Campaign Tip
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - July 29, 2015 Revision
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Safety Recall 28H1 – Ignition Switch (WIN Module) 2009-2010 MY Volkswagen Routan
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Recall 573 Report - Amendment 1
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 2
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 3
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q3
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2016-2
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q2
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - June 23, 2015
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2016-3
Click a tab for more information.