- December 23: VW Beetles Recalled To Replace Takata Airbags recalls | 29 days ago
- December 19: VW Emissions Class Action Lawsuit Dismissed news | 33 days ago
- December 3: VW Infotainment System Recall Related To Cameras recalls | 49 days ago
- November 30: VW Atlas and Atlas Cross Sport SUVs Recalled For 2 Problems recalls | 52 days ago
- November 29: Volkswagen Tiguans Recalled To Replace Seat Belts recalls | 53 days ago
Volkswagen Preliminary Evaluation PE05042: EXTERIOR DOOR HANDLE MALFUNCTION
2004 Volkswagen Touareg
EXTERIOR DOOR HANDLE MALFUNCTION
- VW issued a technical service bulletin (tsb) dated June 10, 2005, describing a condition of "exterior door handle sticks in the opened position after the door is opened."VW described the cause of the problem to be "a potential for increased friction between the door handle and the lock cylinder housing... because some guide nubs that were molded into the plastic door handle... were slightly higher than specified."in addition to the tsb, VW has introduced production changes ("lubrication, deletion of the guide nubs, introduction of a low friction guide surface on the lock cylinder housing") to address the problem.VW reports that the failure occurs "predominantly in the very early life stage of the vehicle."ODI examination of VW's warranty data shows fewer claims as the vehicle ages.the one injury resulted when the unlatched door hit the occupant's hand.a safety defect trend has not been identified at this time and further use of Agency resources does not appear to be warranted.the closing of this investigation does not constitute a finding by NHTSA that no safety-related defect exists.ODI will continue to monitor complaints andreserves the right to take further action if warranted by the circumstances.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.