- December 12: Volvo Door Latch Recall Includes S60, S60I, V60, S60CC and V60CC recalls | 37 days ago
- November 24: Volvo Android Auto Lawsuit Says XC90 Owners Got Scammed news | 55 days ago
- November 23: Rear Seat Belt Reminder Systems Are Still Needed news | 56 days ago
- November 19: Lack of Federal Safety Standards Contributed to Uber Crash news | 60 days ago
- November 9: Elaine Herzberg Death: Self-Driving Uber Ignored Jaywalking Pedestrian investigations | 70 days ago
Volvo Recall R89898: Missing Rear Seat Back Lock Strikers
2019 Volvo XC40
If the seat back moves forward during hard braking or in a crash, it can increase the risk of injury.
Seats — Mid/Rear Assembly
- Volvo Cars USA LLC (Volvo) is recalling certain 2019 Volvo XC40 vehicles. The rear seats may not have rear seat back lock strikers, allowing the seat back to move forward during certain hard braking conditions or a crash.
- Volvo will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the vehicles and install the seat back lock strikers if they are missing, free of charge. The recall began October 12, 2018. Owners may contact Volvo customer service at 1-800-458-1552. Volvo's number for this recall is R89898.
Click a tab for more information.