— Porsche is recalling about 108,400 vehicles in the U.S. and Canada for rollaway dangers related to the gear shifters.
- 2003-2006 Porsche Cayenne S
- 2003-2006 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
- 2004-2010 Porsche Cayenne
- 2006 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
- 2010-2016 Porsche Panamera S
- 2010-2016 Porsche Panamera 4 S
- 2010-2016 Porsche Panamera Turbo
- 2011-2016 Porsche Panamera
- 2011-2016 Porsche Panamera 4
- 2012-2013 Porsche Panamera Turbo S
- 2013-2016 Porsche Panamera 4 GTS
- 2014-2016 Porsche Panamera 4 S Executive
- 2014-2016 Porsche Panamera Turbo Executive
- 2014-2016 Porsche Panamera Turbo S G1 II
- 2014-2016 Porsche Panamera Turbo S Executive
- 2013 Porsche Panamera 4 Platinum Edition
- 2013 Porsche Panamera Platinum Edition
- 2016 Porsche Panamera 4 Edition
- 2016 Porsche Panamera Edition
- 2016 Porsche Panamera Turbo S Executive Luxury Sport
A driver could move the gear shift lever into PARK and remove the ignition key believing the vehicle is in PARK even though the transmission isn't. All of it will occur without any warning messages or chimes, so it's possible a driver could exit the vehicle and later find it down the street.
Porsche says the plastic bushing that attaches the cable connection between the gear shifter and the gearbox may detach.
The automaker learned of the problem in December 2018 and opened an internal investigation that found numerous incidents of detached cable bushings.
Although the vehicle can roll away, especially if the parking brake isn't engaged, Porsche doesn't know of any injuries or property damage reports.
About 99,700 vehicles are recalled in the U.S. and 8,742 will be repaired in Canada.
The Porsche shifter cable bushing recall will begin August 11, 2019.
Porsche dealers will replace the shifter cable bushings, but concerned customers may call 800-767-7243 and refer to recall number AKB1.