Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2006 is the worst year for PT Cruiser engine complaints. Having an engine light on is annoying, but it's the complaints about the engine shutting-off while driving that really have us concerned.

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser:

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Owner Comments (Page 6 of 6)

May 182007

PT Cruiser 4-cyl

While driving down the freeway the door locks started clicking like they do when hitting the wireless remote. At the same time the flashers would go on. This continued intermittently all the way to work on city streets as well. I have not contacted the dealer at this time. My passenger airbag light went on, sometimes when I was driving. I took the car in to my mechanic in January for a complete brake job. The rotors needed replacing. I had less than 10000 when the car would shimmy violently when the brakes were applied. I took it back to my mechanic, and he informed me that the rotors were not of a material made to with stand much heat. He advised a beefier rotor. There was now a heavy duty rotor available on the after-market. I did not take this problem to the dealer because they most likely will tell me I was too hard on the brakes. If that were the case the Honda, which had 107000 miles on it would have been in for brakes several times by now, it was on the first set and finally needed pads.. another car did not see me coming and pulled out in front of me. When I went to hit the horn it would not honk. I had to reposition my hand several times to find the right spot and then push very hard. I planned to get rid of this car and never purchase another american car again. I have always had nothing but trouble with them. *

- Dutch Flat, CA, USA

Aug 032006

PT Cruiser 4WD 4-cyl

: the contact stated the vehicle stalled numerous times. The dealer changed an electronic module. The service dealer determined the gas was contaminated, but the vehicle had this problem on separate occasions.

- Diamond Bar, CA, USA

Jul 292006

PT Cruiser 4-cyl

Poor fuel economy, computer and electrical malfunctions, poor repair & diagnostic abilities of dealer service team. 12 mpg off the lot and no better than 16 so far including a trip to the keys. The H3 gets 20 !! continuous computer related issues with dash displaying erroneous readouts. "repaired" 1X, in for 2nd attempt now. My big lemon stamp is ready.

- Wpb, FL, USA