CarComplaints.com Notes: Engine cradle rot is a serious problem in the 2004-05 Chrysler Pacifica. Chrysler admits they didn't apply enough coating to the vehicle's sub-frame during assembly, but only offered to cover a very small portion of the vehicles they messed up.

So what happens when your engine cradle rots? Well, the engine could fall out for starters. It could also cause problems with the suspension and other components but did I mention THE ENGINE CAN FALL OUT? The worst part is you might not know because there's no way to see the problem without getting under the car.

If you have a 2004-05 Pacifica, make sure to have your mechanic inspect your sub-frame for rust and corrosion.

2004 Chrysler Pacifica miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chrysler Pacifica:

2004 Chrysler Pacifica Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Oct 292013

Pacifica 6-cyl

While having my vehicle checked for a power steering leak at an independent mechanic, I received call from mechanic that if there was any way possible that I can come down to the service station because the problem was bigger than the leak. Once there he showed me the serious rust through on sub frame rails and engine cradle with noticeable cracks going upward on sub frame. He stated that the cause to my power steering leak is due to this sub frame being in the condition it is and it's vibration. He suggested that I contact Chrysler for a recall because he knows of the same problem on Honda's & Toyota's that were already recalled. After reading the forums and searching for a recall there is an extended warranty but unfortunately I fall under the state of NJ were this state is not eligible for the extended warranty. This is outrageous and a safety recall should be issued right away. With so many complaints I will move forward and start a class action law suit for not issuing a full scale recall to all 2004 Pacifica owners in every state. They clearly recognize the danger in their faulty design and manufacturing yet still refuse to issue a safety recall by only providing an extended warranty to some Pacifica owners. This is a serious danger to my family and a fatality waiting to happen.

- Pennsauekn, NJ, USA

Jul 202012

Pacifica

After replacing a both motor mounts in July of 2012. They broke again in November 2012!! this time it was so bad that when I turned the corner the engine died and would not start back up. Eventually after trying to turn it over so many time the battery died. We had to have it towed to the shop after the holidays to find out how much it would cost to fix ($1200) and exactly what the issue was. The tech informed me that besides the mounts being broke, when I turned the corner the engine lifted and cut thru all of the wires leading to the failure of the car's power control module. This resulted in a loss of speedometer, other electrical functions, and the loss of three ignition coils. I just want to know why they keep making "rubber" engine mounts if the damn things are useless in the first place? there has to be a reason all these cars are having the same issue and if I had known about this before I financed this "pos", I would never have put my childrens lives in danger.!! I had the car fixed and everything was going fine until last night, once again! I was driving on the highway and some stupid person slammed on her brakes in front of me so I hit mine and when I did my car lunged forward and I heard the god awful "pop" sound again!!! now I am back to square one and within a years time this car will have had 3 sets of motor mounts put on it. Someone please tell me there is not a defect somewhere, because whoever handles these issues at daimler/Chrysler needs to drive one of these cars for themselves and see what we have been dealing with for so long. Also, another issue is the check engine light and it has to do with a very small leak inside the gas tank. I have been told this is a recall, but have not been able to get anyone to fix it. I just want some answers, more so for my kids sake so I can try and get it fixed completely or a new car so they are out of harms way.

- Fenton, MO, USA

Jun 172004

Pacifica

My Pacifica has had power memory seats repaired 5 times. My air compressor repaired X2. A "dampener" placed to try and minimize the noise from the A/C. the dash electronic module replaced X1. The wheel plastic covering just came off while driving. My tire pressure sensors have had to be reset X2. The exhaust made a rattling noise that had to be repaired. The right front bumper had to be tighten as excessive wind noise was heard by service dealer. It still makes an audible clicking, knocking type noise on acceleration that they claim to be unable to duplicate. It has a loud pop on sharp right turns. And the A/C still cycle abrubtly and loudly approx every 30-45 seconds. I have had the car since Aug 2003 and Chrysler refuses to accept responsiblity and allow me another vehicle without obtaining a lawyer. I clearly exceeds the minimum criteria for the lemon law. This vehicle has been a huge inconvenience to my family and I. Chrysler states there is nothing to be repaired on my vehicle and will not help me in any way. I love the vehicle when it is problem free wich is rare and I just want them to step up to the plate and stop giving me the run around. It has been repaired way to many times already.

- Covington, GA, USA

Apr 172004

Pacifica 6-cyl

My brand new Pacifica is leaking massive amounts of water from below the steering wheel. The floor of the entire car is soaked and I expect a replacement car since this one is ruined and will smell of mold! I paid $42,000 for this vehicle and expect a replacement!!

- Paintsville, KY, USA