2006 Chrysler Pacifica body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chrysler Pacifica:

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Owner Comments (Page 3 of 5)

Nov 252015

Pacifica

The vehicle was stationary going through an inspection when it was determined that the sub frame, engine cradle is rotted to the point that it is unsafe to drive. The vehicle is less than 10 years old and around 100,000 miles. That is around 10K miles per year. The vehicle looks and runs great otherwise. If they know that it is a problem that places lives at risk, why don't they do the right thing and correct the problem.

- Ithaca, NY, USA

Oct 162015

Pacifica

Original owner of a 2006 Pacifica (85000 miles)...on October 16, 2015, I drove the vehicle to the Chrysler dealer where it was purchased and has been regularly maintained for a routine scheduled oil change and multi-point inspection (no check engine light message triggered the visit.) in the process of returning me the keys and directing me to the cashier, the service advisor mentioned that a part known as a "front cross member" would need to be replaced due to rust/corrosion spotted on the inspection with estimated cost of repair at $1862 for the part and $644 for the labor (estimated time to complete the repair at 5.6 hours). The service advisor made mention that failure to do the repair could result in the engine falling out. Upon returning home, I googled "Pacifica frame rust" and discovered this problem is widespread. I learned there is a class-action lawsuit in Ohio involving this issue with motions and rulings relatively fresh with a judge named "donald C. nugent" hearing the case with the first name of plaintiff named being "holland et al" and the defendant in the suit being named "fca" as in Fiat Chrysler. From information I have gathered online, I have discovered that engine-cradle rot is a serious problem for the Chrysler Pacifica. Chrysler admits they didn't apply enough coating to the engine's sub-frame during assembly, but thus far has only offered to cover under warranty only a very small portion of the vehicles (approx 7000 in a November 9, 2010 technical service bulletin). Later, on March 16, 2012, fiatchrysler issued a new technical service bulletin superceding the previous tsb stating the engine cradle defect and extended warranty applied only to 2004-05 Pacificas in Canada and salt belt states manufactured in a six week window in 2004. This means approx 300000 Pacificas are dangerous and in need of repair mine included.

- Rockton, IL, USA

Oct 022012

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that while the vehicle was being serviced for an unrelated recall, it was discovered that the front subframe was severely corroded. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. On another occasion, the vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic to have an oil change. It was discovered that the engine was detaching due to the severe corrosion of the front subframe. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 54,000.

- Cassadaga, NY, USA

Oct 202015

Pacifica

Engine cradle rusted and is unsafe to drive I called Chrysler they said too bad for me I have to pay for all repairs.

- Ellwood City, PA, USA

Oct 082015

Pacifica

Front sub frame rust through. Was told frame could crack or break causing loss of control of car. Needs $3,100 repair at Chrysler dealer to make safe..

- Mchenry, IL, USA

Oct 022015

Pacifica

Took car in for oil change, mechanic told me that the engine cradle was showing some pretty severe rust issues. Was told that I would have to repair this soon, or risk having the engine drop out of the enclosing compartment. Repair estimated at $4500, which at this point is more than the car is worth. Contacted Chrysler, they said that there is no recall on this problem, so I was responsible for all repairs. Some research on the internet shows that this is a known and pretty widespread problem. Sorry to see that a company that I helped bail out a few years ago, doesn't stand by their product.

- Point Pleasant, NJ, USA

Sep 262015

Pacifica

Took to mechanic to replace links in wheels. Mechanic informed me of the rusted through subframe. I don't wanna be driving down the road then all the sudden my engine falls out. Only transportation I have.

- Rochelle, IL, USA

Aug 032015

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that the service engine warning light flickered and the vehicle overheated. The vehicle was repaired by replacing the hose. The contact also noticed that the engine cradle/subframe was rusted with holes and could fracture. The vehicle was taken to over three independent mechanics who diagnosed that the engine cradle/subframe needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 210,000.

- Chesapeake, VA, USA

Sep 112015

Pacifica

Engine cradle has rusted thru. Mechanic has suggested I not drive vehicle for my safety. Spoke with someone at Chrysler who indicated that there was a safety bulletin issued acknowledging and addressing the issue, but that the year of my vehicle was not included in the safety bulletin. Vehicle was purchased used from a Chrysler dealership.

- Fond Du Lac, WI, USA

Sep 082015

Pacifica

Upon regular maintenance, the auto mechanic discovered my 2006 Pacifica engine cradle frame is totally rusted out. He advised me the cost of repair is so high that it is not worth to repair. He further required me to acknowledge that my car is not safe to drive. This is very unusual to have a subframe rusted though the whole metal frame since the car was always kept in Maryland, we hardly have any snow in the last 10 years. From the search on the internet, it turns out that this subframe problem affected was common in many Pacifica on the road. We felt fortunate that the engine has not dropped on the ground and lead to a fatal crash. Why there is not recall on these Pacificas.

- Elkton, MD, USA

Sep 032015

Pacifica

The cradle rusted through on the right side of the vehicle. Was discovered during an oil change.

- Reynoldsburg, OH, USA

Sep 012015

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. While the vehicle was undergoing routine maintenance, the independent mechanic discovered that the entire subframe was corroded and rusted. The contact was informed that the vehicle was not safe to operate. The manufacturer was notified. The failure mileage was 76,000.

- Westwood, MA, USA

May 282014

Pacifica

A few weeks before this happened, I noticed my rear tire leaning outward. Took it too the shop a few times wondering what was the cause. It was determined from a dealership it was the struts. I was told the Pacifica was known for it. So I had the struts replaced. It helped but the tire was still leaning, it wasn't perfect like the rest. I was told that there was no other reason because everything looked good underneath and suspension. I looked several times, myself. Not seeing any major rust or anything unsafe. Then driving on the freeway 150 mile's from home, at 70 mph, a hard bang and the rear end lifted up and dropped down. Car uncontrollable. Finally able to stop and realize the subframe dropped right out of the car leaving my rear differential on the ground. It had rusted from the top of the subframe down. Looked on line and seen it was happening to other people. Called Chrysler was told my problem. Hence my first american made car and my last. Pos!!!

- Cadillac, MI, USA

Jul 102015

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that the engine cradle prematurely rusted to the point that it was corroded and may fracture. The vehicle was taken to a mechanic, who inspected and diagnosed that the engine cradle needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 163,000.

- Mayville, NY, USA

Aug 192015

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. While the vehicle was at an independent mechanic for a routine oil check, the technician noticed that the front end frame that held the engine was corroded and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 102,000. The VIN was not available.

- Bushkill, PA, USA

Aug 172015

Pacifica

My regular automobile service company recently completed a repair and replacement of the front brake components on my 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. Upon routine inspection of the vehicle's undercarriage, they identified severe corrosion of the "engine cradle". they advised that engine cradle was in very poor condition and that failure was likely in the near future causing the engine to drop out of the vehicle. I immediately contacted the Chrysler/Dodge dealership where I purchased the car. They told me that they were aware of a problem with the engine cradles in that model year Pacifica, but that there currently was no recall to correct the problem. I was quoted $3,000 to replace the engine cradle, which I can not afford. My complaint is that if this is a safety issue, why is there no recall or any other apparent effort to correct the problem" the vehicle is in otherwise good shape and runs well, but I am afraid of driving it, concerned that my family or I could be seriously injured. Can you assist me"

- Peru, NY, USA

Aug 062015

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that the vehicle was taken for routine maintenance, the mechanic at the dealer stated that there was severe rust on the entire sub frame of the vehicle. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 105,000. Updated 09/18/15

- Ewing, NJ, USA

Jul 312015

Pacifica

The car was brought to dealership for a repair on a fuel injector and throttle body. While diagnosing the problem it was discovered that the sub frame is rusted and needs to be replaced/repaired. The cost of this repair would be $2495. We were told that this has been a common problem with this model.

- East Haven, CT, USA

Jun 012015

Pacifica

Discovered excessive rust on the subframe and underbody members after trying to diagnose a problem with the steering. Specifically, a "clicking" noise had appeared unexpectedly during turning and the steering wheel had undue resistance while turning. After checking for tire problems and other issues, a mechanic diagnosed the problem as a subframe failure due to excessive rust. He mentioned that if the rust progressed too far, the engine could literally fall out of the vehicle while I was driving. This issue demands a recall. Updated 09/15/15

- Chicago, IL, USA

Jul 192015

Pacifica

Severely rusted sub frame under the engine. Advised by repair facility that the vehicle was not safe to drive due to the rust damage to the sub frame. This was a hidden defect that I would not have had knowledge of if I had not purchased a safety inspection. Because of this issue the vehicle failed a md safety inspection. Advised that required repairs will be over $2500.

- Davidsonville, MD, USA