2006 Chrysler Pacifica body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chrysler Pacifica:

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Owner Comments (Page 3 of 5)

Oct 202015

Pacifica

Engine cradle rusted and is unsafe to drive I called Chrysler they said too bad for me I have to pay for all repairs.

- Ellwood City, PA, USA

Oct 082015

Pacifica

Front sub frame rust through. Was told frame could crack or break causing loss of control of car. Needs $3,100 repair at Chrysler dealer to make safe..

- Mchenry, IL, USA

Oct 022015

Pacifica

Took car in for oil change, mechanic told me that the engine cradle was showing some pretty severe rust issues. Was told that I would have to repair this soon, or risk having the engine drop out of the enclosing compartment. Repair estimated at $4500, which at this point is more than the car is worth. Contacted Chrysler, they said that there is no recall on this problem, so I was responsible for all repairs. Some research on the internet shows that this is a known and pretty widespread problem. Sorry to see that a company that I helped bail out a few years ago, doesn't stand by their product.

- Point Pleasant, NJ, USA

Sep 262015

Pacifica

Took to mechanic to replace links in wheels. Mechanic informed me of the rusted through subframe. I don't wanna be driving down the road then all the sudden my engine falls out. Only transportation I have.

- Rochelle, IL, USA

Aug 032015

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that the service engine warning light flickered and the vehicle overheated. The vehicle was repaired by replacing the hose. The contact also noticed that the engine cradle/subframe was rusted with holes and could fracture. The vehicle was taken to over three independent mechanics who diagnosed that the engine cradle/subframe needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 210,000.

- Chesapeake, VA, USA

Sep 112015

Pacifica

Engine cradle has rusted thru. Mechanic has suggested I not drive vehicle for my safety. Spoke with someone at Chrysler who indicated that there was a safety bulletin issued acknowledging and addressing the issue, but that the year of my vehicle was not included in the safety bulletin. Vehicle was purchased used from a Chrysler dealership.

- Fond Du Lac, WI, USA

Sep 082015

Pacifica

Upon regular maintenance, the auto mechanic discovered my 2006 Pacifica engine cradle frame is totally rusted out. He advised me the cost of repair is so high that it is not worth to repair. He further required me to acknowledge that my car is not safe to drive. This is very unusual to have a subframe rusted though the whole metal frame since the car was always kept in Maryland, we hardly have any snow in the last 10 years. From the search on the internet, it turns out that this subframe problem affected was common in many Pacifica on the road. We felt fortunate that the engine has not dropped on the ground and lead to a fatal crash. Why there is not recall on these Pacificas.

- Elkton, MD, USA

Sep 032015

Pacifica

The cradle rusted through on the right side of the vehicle. Was discovered during an oil change.

- Reynoldsburg, OH, USA

Sep 012015

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. While the vehicle was undergoing routine maintenance, the independent mechanic discovered that the entire subframe was corroded and rusted. The contact was informed that the vehicle was not safe to operate. The manufacturer was notified. The failure mileage was 76,000.

- Westwood, MA, USA

May 282014

Pacifica

A few weeks before this happened, I noticed my rear tire leaning outward. Took it too the shop a few times wondering what was the cause. It was determined from a dealership it was the struts. I was told the Pacifica was known for it. So I had the struts replaced. It helped but the tire was still leaning, it wasn't perfect like the rest. I was told that there was no other reason because everything looked good underneath and suspension. I looked several times, myself. Not seeing any major rust or anything unsafe. Then driving on the freeway 150 mile's from home, at 70 mph, a hard bang and the rear end lifted up and dropped down. Car uncontrollable. Finally able to stop and realize the subframe dropped right out of the car leaving my rear differential on the ground. It had rusted from the top of the subframe down. Looked on line and seen it was happening to other people. Called Chrysler was told my problem. Hence my first american made car and my last. Pos!!!

- Cadillac, MI, USA

Jul 102015

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that the engine cradle prematurely rusted to the point that it was corroded and may fracture. The vehicle was taken to a mechanic, who inspected and diagnosed that the engine cradle needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 163,000.

- Mayville, NY, USA

Aug 192015

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. While the vehicle was at an independent mechanic for a routine oil check, the technician noticed that the front end frame that held the engine was corroded and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 102,000. The VIN was not available.

- Bushkill, PA, USA

Aug 172015

Pacifica

My regular automobile service company recently completed a repair and replacement of the front brake components on my 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. Upon routine inspection of the vehicle's undercarriage, they identified severe corrosion of the "engine cradle". they advised that engine cradle was in very poor condition and that failure was likely in the near future causing the engine to drop out of the vehicle. I immediately contacted the Chrysler/Dodge dealership where I purchased the car. They told me that they were aware of a problem with the engine cradles in that model year Pacifica, but that there currently was no recall to correct the problem. I was quoted $3,000 to replace the engine cradle, which I can not afford. My complaint is that if this is a safety issue, why is there no recall or any other apparent effort to correct the problem" the vehicle is in otherwise good shape and runs well, but I am afraid of driving it, concerned that my family or I could be seriously injured. Can you assist me"

- Peru, NY, USA

Aug 062015

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that the vehicle was taken for routine maintenance, the mechanic at the dealer stated that there was severe rust on the entire sub frame of the vehicle. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 105,000. Updated 09/18/15

- Ewing, NJ, USA

Jul 312015

Pacifica

The car was brought to dealership for a repair on a fuel injector and throttle body. While diagnosing the problem it was discovered that the sub frame is rusted and needs to be replaced/repaired. The cost of this repair would be $2495. We were told that this has been a common problem with this model.

- East Haven, CT, USA

Jun 012015

Pacifica

Discovered excessive rust on the subframe and underbody members after trying to diagnose a problem with the steering. Specifically, a "clicking" noise had appeared unexpectedly during turning and the steering wheel had undue resistance while turning. After checking for tire problems and other issues, a mechanic diagnosed the problem as a subframe failure due to excessive rust. He mentioned that if the rust progressed too far, the engine could literally fall out of the vehicle while I was driving. This issue demands a recall. Updated 09/15/15

- Chicago, IL, USA

Jul 192015

Pacifica

Severely rusted sub frame under the engine. Advised by repair facility that the vehicle was not safe to drive due to the rust damage to the sub frame. This was a hidden defect that I would not have had knowledge of if I had not purchased a safety inspection. Because of this issue the vehicle failed a md safety inspection. Advised that required repairs will be over $2500.

- Davidsonville, MD, USA

Jul 172015

Pacifica

Unusual high amount of rust and holes in a frame failing nys inspection. Auto is only 9 years old.

- Hopewell Junction, NY, USA

May 012015

Pacifica

I was informed by another consumer that the front end and engine cradle, in my 2006 Chrysler Pacifica are rusting. This rust problem is causing the engine to actual fall out of vehicles. After hearing of this, I had two different mechanics check my vehicle. After both inspections I was told my vehicle is severely rusted and is not going to be safe to drive for much longer. The estimated time frame I was given is between 6-12 months. It was suggested that I drive local only and have it reinspected every three months for my safety. I contacted Chrysler's recall center only to find out there are currently no recalls issued at this time for my vehicle and they do not expect there to be any. I called directly to the Chrysler co. To hear the same thing that the recall center told me and that they have no intentions of helping people that are experiencing this problem. At this point I am unable to afford the high cost of repairs and will soon be out of a road safe vehicle.

- Malden, MA, USA

May 232012

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. The contact stated that the front subframe and cross member were rusted. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the engine cradle needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The contact also stated that while the vehicle on, there was a fuel odor and the check engine warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who diagnosed that the fuel pump and the fuel tank needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The contact stated that while driving approximately 40 mph, there was smoke coming from the front of the vehicle. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the rear, the lower front, and the front upper motor mounts needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired; however, the failure recurred. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 90,000.

- Oswego, IL, USA