2000 Chrysler Sebring electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Chrysler Sebring:

2000 Chrysler Sebring Owner Comments

Feb 012007

Sebring

I own a 2000 jxi conv, that I purchased in 2006 and my remote stopped working so I changed the battery and it still will not work after changing the battery. I had never noticed that there was an alarm on this car, there was never any flashing lights or anything. Just all of a sudden when I went to enter my car the alarm went off, and with the remote not working I could not stop the alarm, even after starting the car, driving with lights flashing. Now the alarm sets most of the time when I exit the car, but I cannot use the key in the drivers door, because it will nor un-arm the alarm, and if the alarm did not previously come on when I locked the car it come on when I try to unlock the car. I have to go to the passenger side door to unlock the doors. I tried to re-synchronize the remote with the car but with the remote buttons not working it did not work. There must be some type of electrical short in the car why it remote/ alarm will not work properly. Also sometimes when I just put the key in the door without turning it will unlock the doors. Now the trunk will not stay open when opened. When you think it will stay open it will fall down on you.

- Long Beach, CA, USA

Jan 012007

Sebring 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2000 Chrysler Sebring. The engine completely shut off without warning while driving at any speed. The contact stated that the vehicle restarted after approximately four seconds, but ran normally as long as the transmission was engaged. The dealer never inspected the vehicle. If the contact unpluged the computer, and then pluged it back in the vehicle will restart normally. The current and failure mileage were 110,000.

- Springdale, AR, USA

Mar 022005

Sebring

Chrysler Sebring 2000, vehicle just won't start. The vehicle was taken to the dealer several times for this issue. Electrical wire were replaced along with a new computer and tune up but the problem recurred. The brake rotors failed, the alarm operated erratically, the doors won't unlock, the horn doesn't work and the radiator was blocked.

- Washington, DC, USA

Apr 022004

Sebring 6-cyl

Brake failure, brakes felt soft and made a whistling noise. The vehicle brake pads were replaced due to wear and the rotors were turned. The horns fuse blew when the cigarette light was used.

- Huntington Beach, CA, USA

Jul 132003

Sebring 6-cyl

I have reason to believe that the security system on my 2000 Chrysler Sebring lxi is malfunctioning and causing the car to not start. I have had several occasions where the alarm goes off and I am getting into my trunk or even in the car and driving down the road. After the car's security system has been set, I am experiencing difficulty starting the car. If I don't lock my car it starts just fine. The dealership told me I needed a new electronic distributor. But I feel it may be the security system not allowing the car to start as it is malfunctioning. Are there any other complaints of this kind out there?

- Lansing, MI, USA

Jul 152002

Sebring

Headlights do not work. Each time when consumer has to blink headlights, all of the electrical system fails. Also, dealer in her area was giving consumer a hard time in repairing electrical problem.

- Livingston, CA, USA