2. replace water pump and conversion package (1 reports)
2002 Chrysler Sebring engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chrysler Sebring:

2002 Chrysler Sebring Owner Comments

Aug 012014

Sebring LX 2.7L

I have purchased this car from KWIK AUTO Sales in Raytown , MO. (address 6632 Blue Ridge BLVD) and purchased price was $6,995.00. The car is now starting to overheat at times when driving. I have replaced the coolant breather and then added more antifreeze. Every three days I have to add more coolant to make sure the care does not overheat. Next I am going to try to change the radiator cap to see if this works. Chryslers are a piece of Sh%$T!!! Also now I am hearing a lot of Squeaky noise coming from the front and not for sure if it is the struts , tire rods , axle , wheel bushing...or what ...AGAIN, I HATE CHRYSLERS!

- , Kansas City, MO, USA

Sep 072013

Sebring Limited 2.7L

This was a repair on a used 2.7 that we had put in the Sebring after the engine blew because of sludge build up. Now we have a problem with the water pump, apparently it is leaking.

Now they find sludge, again! They replaced the oil, filter, timing chain, water pump all for the low price of $1250.00. Keep in mind this is the engine we had put in less than a year before because the original engine blew up. This repair was also out of town. Great. So here we go again, a used Sebring 2.7 engine installed to replace our original Sebring 2.7 engine that blew up. Why did we do this you ask. Because we were at the Chrysler Dealer in Farmville, VA and they recommended this nifty used engine. Great advice, not. Car is back on the road, for a little while, see next entry.

- , Purcellville, VA, USA