2. replace computer (1 reports)
2002 Chrysler Sebring engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chrysler Sebring:

2002 Chrysler Sebring Owner Comments

Sep 012015

Sebring LSI 2.7L

My ex-boyfriend helped me get this car even when he knew that this particular year has engine problems. First problem was the radiator seal went bad even though it was a new part. Either the part was installed improperly or a defective part. I had it towed and replaced. That bill was almost $600. About a month later, the car stopped in the middle of a busy intersection and was towed. The auto mechanic could not find anything wrong. However, that same day, the car would not start, but had lights on the dashboard. T

he next day, the car started twice so I drove it to another auto mechanic and the car finally acted up. Come to find out the computer in the engine went bad and a new rebuilt computer has been ordered from Chrysler. This repair bill is going to cost me over $1500. I also have to rent a car for 4 days because of the holiday and express shipping on the part.

My old 2002 Elantra with over 118,000 never gave me any problems what so ever. I will never purchase another Chrysler/GMC product again.

- , Hagerstown, MD, USA

Dec 232008

Sebring LXI 2.7L V6

Okay, im back. Since they like for us to separate complaints. Now, on Dec 23 I was leaving work at 1115 pm, and I live a mile from home. I got in my car, and it started as strong as it always does...I drove home, and I decided to check the mail box which is at the front of the complex. Since my mailbox key was on my keyring, I turned my car off. As strong as my car starts, I would have never thought that there would come a time when it wouldn't start, but....IT DID. I got back in the car to park, and the sucker would not start for anything. I tried around ten times at a 1 minute interval to start my car but nothing would happen. I then walked home, and had my mother push my car with her car to a parking space. I tried to start it there, and it worried me that the car would have no problem blowing up because it shook so violently. I immediately got everything I valued out of the car, and I don't plan on paying for it anymore. It is very obvious that this car is experiencing one form or another of engine failure. I began researching via internet about some of the problems, and there may be a possibility of blown head gasket(s). This is definitely a repair im not willing to make....especially in this economy. I also see the articles on the sludge buildup, and this worries me as well....All of the oil changes but one have been timely.

- , Marietta, GA, USA