1. replace engine (1 reports)
2002 Chrysler Sebring engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chrysler Sebring:

2002 Chrysler Sebring Owner Comments

Jan 152014

Sebring GTX 2.7L

After rolling my 1999 Sebring Convertible @ 65 miles per hour and lived to tell about it, I was impressed with the car as the rear part of the cage is a roll bar. I then proceeded to purchase a 2002 Sebring Convertible with a 2.7l engine, I guess that was a mistake. Since then I've replaced 2-engines. The 1st one started when I was driving on the highway, there is a tube that has water flowing thru it to cool the engine. It let go at 65 miles per hour, you can guess about the rest. The 2nd, well I was driving around town and the car started to make a squealing noise so I pulled over and checked it out, needless to say my water pump was going. I got back in my car and proceeded to drive home. When I started it up I heard a loud rapping, I knew then that there was more damage than I though, there was no engine light, guess what, new engine.

I am on my 3rd engine and I have 164,00 miles on it, time to go. Chrysler needs to fess up about this. These engines are pure junk and I mean junk.

- , springfield, MA, USA