2. repaint the entire car (1 reports)
2003 Chrysler Sebring body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chrysler Sebring:

2003 Chrysler Sebring Owner Comments

Jun 012004

Sebring LXI 3.0L

I'M A RETIRED JEEP WORKER AND I KNOW CARS, MY HUSBAND TOLD ME TO GO FIND ANY CAR I LIKED AND WE WOULD BUY IT, AT VIN DEVERS IN TOLEDO I SPOTTED A BLACK 2003 LXI COUPE AND I FELL IN LOVE, WE FINALLY FOUND ONE IN ADRIAN MICHIGAN AND BOUGHT IT. I PUT BLACK HOT WHEEL RIMS ON IT AND IT LOOKED LIKE A MILLION BUCKS, SHORTLY THEREAFTER THE PAINT STARTED COMING OFF THE ROOF AS TIME GOES BY, IT'S NOW COVERING ONE THIRD OF THE CAR. THIS IS NOT THE FIRST CHRYSLER PRODUCT WE'VE BOUGHT, WE ALSO PURCHASED IN 2000 A 5.9 RT BLACK DURANGO, AT 46,000 MILES THE REAR END WENT OUT, I WENT TO YARK DEALERS IN TOLEDO TO TALK ABOUT A DEAL . I ASKED THEM TO WORK WITH ME ON THE PAINT ON THE SEBRING FOR A TRADE IN ON A NEW CHALLENGER SRT AND HE SAID TOO BAD ABOUT THE PAINT. I REPLIED THAT THE CHALLENGER JUST BECAME A CAMARO AND WALKED OUT. IS THERE ANY WAY CHRYSLER WILL FIX THE PAINT?

- , Temperance, MI, USA

Jul 022007

Sebring LXI 3.0L

Unacceptable situation when a late model car's paint literally disappears before your very eyes. Every week it becomes more noticeable and unsightly. From what began as a small discoloration on the front of the roof of my black Sebring coupe has evolved into total paint degradation of the paint on the roof, trunk and hood of my car.

I will never by a Chrysler or Mitsubishi car in the future.

- , Largo, FL, USA