7.0

2. replace water outlet housing (1 reports)
2004 Chrysler Sebring cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chrysler Sebring:

2004 Chrysler Sebring Owner Comments

Jun 292016

Sebring LX 2.7L V6

I bought this car in February 2016, felt pretty good about it since I got a reasonable price and it only had 47,000 miles on it. But within five months of purchase date the car overheated without any warning at all, had to be towed and repaired. I was told by the mechanic that he sees this issue (water housing outlet) with this make and model vehicle "all the time." He knew what was wrong before I even got done explaining the symptoms of the problem over the phone. Not happy. This is not the only issue, in fact, it's the most minor thing to happen with this car in the five months since I bought it. I am definitely NOT happy. I'm looking at having to sell it because the other repairs it needs cost more than I paid for the entire vehicle. What a lemon! I will never buy another Chrysler. EVER.

- , Sequim, WA, USA

Nov 072015

Sebring

I bought a Chrysler Sebring convertible used. Not bad looking cosmetically, but had it one day when it overheated, had it towed to mechanic. I paid $3200 for this car. Mechanic charged me almost $700 to replace thermostat housing, drove home about 6 miles, started overheating again. I am at a loss, I have no money to fix this. I have a car sitting in the driveway that doesn't run and I am out $3900. Opinions on what might be the problem range from blown head gasket to rad/iator leak. Have no money for diagnostic. My mechanic doesn't have a clue.

I am going to get a scooter or a bike, so done with cars.

- , Makawao, HI, USA