8.9

$3,860.00

2. replaced engine (12 reports)
  3. replace engine (10 reports)
  4. not covered under warranty (4 reports)
  5. replaced spark plugs & wires, fuel injection system cleaned (2 reports)
2004 Chrysler Sebring engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chrysler Sebring:

2004 Chrysler Sebring Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Aug 022006

Sebring Limited

Like the others the dealer indicates that I have to show 5 consecutive oil reciepts that cover the recommended oil change. If you changed yourself your s. o. l. I contacted Chrysler's C/S department only to be told it was the dealers decision. when I asked to talk to a supervisor or manager I was refused that priviledge. It appears Chrylser is covering up a huge problem with the 2.7l engine.

- , Westfield, IN, USA

Aug 142006

Sebring Limited

Replaced a cam sensor for $325 ran good for a week than a rod bearing broke. Dealership indicated oil sludge was found and the cause was user neglect. I had to produce oil receipts to their satisfaction. Called Chrysler HQ to complain and was told they backed the dealer.

- , Westfield, IN, USA

Apr 032006

Sebring LXI

Our transmission was rebuilt at 35,000 miles now they're telling us that our engine needs re-built because of oil sludge and its "not covered under warranty" unless I present oil change receipts. I've contacted an Ohio Lemon Law attorney.

- , Fostoria, OH, USA

Mar 252006

Sebring XL

Oil sludge was quickly noted by mechanic who attempted to sell a new engine. However, I opted for a cleaning in the amount of $1000. From a brief google search it appears that engine oil sludge is a real problem with chrysler. Chrysler's lack of attention to this matter will certainly have this consumer looking to another manufacturer for the next vehicle!

- , Clarksville, MD, USA

Jul 062005

Sebring

I can't believe that more owners of this car aren't speaking up... Intrepid owners and sebring owners stand-up for our rights. They know that the 2.7 litre engine has problems with oil sludge and if you do not have documented proof of each oil change you're screwed.

- , Midland, MI, USA