2004 Chrysler Sebring seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chrysler Sebring:

2004 Chrysler Sebring Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Jan 062016

Sebring

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2004 Chrysler Sebring. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V338000 (air bags); however, the part to do the recall repair was not yet available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Marietta, GA, USA

Sep 062016

Sebring

The contact owns a 2004 Chrysler Sebring. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V338000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Marietta, GA, USA

Jul 082016

Sebring

The contact owns a 2004 Chrysler Sebring convertible. While the vehicle was parked, the air bag warning light illuminated. The failure occurred constantly. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 67,285.

- Austell, GA, USA

May 282016

Takata recall.

- Martinez, CA, USA

Jul 092015

Sebring 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2004 Chrysler Sebring. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V338000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Update 01/13/16 MA updated 01/22/16.

- Derby, CT, USA

Aug 042015

Sebring

The contact owns a 2004 Chrysler Sebring. While driving at approximately 35 mph, the air bag warning indicator illuminated and would not allow the arm system to activate. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the failure was unable to be determined. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 125,742.

- Lenoirsipy, TN, USA

Mar 062014

Sebring 6-cyl

Warming the car in the driveway and both airbags deployed. Private driveway, no collision or other possible shock. The air bag indicator had been lit for approx 2 months and I had scheduled repairs but had not had them completed. Car was at idle after approx 10 minutes of idle running.

- Fairfield, IA, USA

Jul 082013

Sebring 6-cyl

While stopped at a stop sign, looking left to make a right turn, my right airbag deployed and smashed windshield.

- Eagle, WI, USA

Nov 272008

Sebring

Car cold stalls, stalls when at traffic lights, engine shakes violently, brakes squeal an grind, when starting car floods itself and cannot be turned on for a few hours, had an accident at 44-50 mph and airbag did not deploy, gears stick and do not come out of gear at times:insurance was called at time of accident and said no reason could be identified as to why airbag did not deploy. Car has had new brakes every 3-4 months, brand new cooling system, tune-up, oil change every 2500-3000 miles, dealership updated software, cold start stalling problem could not be duplicated, check engine light keeps coming on and off and no problems found at auto shop. I contacted the dealership and they informed me that since the car was used they were not going to and could not do anything about it and refused to check anything out or even listen to my concerns. I have researched and there have been many complaints on this model of vehicle doing all of these things. Since the first initial time of problem problems have continued. Car is at 96,000 miles but has left me strandeded since and keep having to replace parts.

- Visalia, CA, USA

Mar 082009

Sebring

On Sunday morning I was traveling North bound on I-35 passing the I-35 & I-40 junction traveling about 60 miles per hour, when on my drivers side I noticed a white Dodge neon coming over into my lane. I immediately honked horn and moved over slightly. Car continued to come over into my lane so I hit my brakes which slowed me down some to about 50 miles per hour, and then my cars front end started vibrating vigorously and car went into tailspin and hit head on into center highway concrete median and then tailend swung around and also hit median on passenger side of vehicle. My airbags did not deploy and I want to investigate if they had previously deployed and were not re-installed properly. Or if the vehicle manufacturer had a defect in the airbags themselves.

- Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Nov 272007

Sebring 6-cyl

2004 Chrysler Sebring convertible 2.7 liter engine failure. This engine seized while I was driving luckily it I was only going 35 mph and I had time to pull the vehicle off the road. This vehicle has had an air bag light on since I bought it and no dealership has been able to solve the problem there has been numerous issues with the car throughout the three years I have owned it. I am a single parent who is without a car for over two months now but paying $350 a month on it. I have maintained this car on a regular basis and Chrysler has denied the claim even though every mechanic I have talked to says this is a common problem with the engine. I have to invest almost $5,000 in a car this month that blue books at maybe $8,000. I will never buy another Chrysler again and want anyone that is considering one of their products to reconsider. This issue can crush you financially I had to decide weather to let them repo the car and devastate me financially or to just save all of my extra money to make the repair. It has been the most financially devastating event in my life. I serviced this car regularly through individuals and sometimes jiffylube but it still was maintained. Regardless this is a well known defect and any vehicle that is only three years old and has 80,000 miles on it should not have a blown engine. I trusted this car would at least last me through my loan. This is irresponsible on Chrysler part for not taking some responsibility for these cars how could they abuse the public in this way.

- Louisville , KY, USA

Apr 012007

Sebring 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2004 Chrysler Sebring. While driving 10 mph, the air bag light continued to dim. The vehicle was taken to a dealer twice. During the first visit, the dealer attempted to correct the failure, but it recurred seven days later. During the second visit, a new computer system was installed in the dashboard. The repair lasted approximately eight months before the failure recurred. The failure mileage was 36,489 and current mileage was 48,936.

- Findlay, OH, USA

Jul 222007

Sebring 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2004 Chrysler Sebring. While driving 30 mph, the contact's vehicle crashed into the side of another vehicle. There were no injuries. The entire front end of the contact's vehicle was damaged. The air bags failed to deploy. The contact was wearing a seat belt at the time of the crash. The road conditions were dry. A police report was filed. The current and failure mileages were 35,000.

- Plainview , NY, USA

Mar 292007

Sebring

The air bag light came on and stayed on. Told it was a tensioner switch in the seat belt clip side. They want an over priced $200 to fix this problem. Plus $88 just to diagnose it. I think this was all quite over priced. I will baypass this switch shorting the wires before if I have to pay for something like this. Chrysler should pay for this regardless of in or out of warranty. This was a defective part it was their fault in my opinion.

- Cape Coral, FL, USA

Feb 012007

Sebring 6-cyl

- the contact took the 2004 Chrysler Sebring with current mileage 50,084 to daimler Chrysler dealership in orlando Florida. The manufacturer stated that there was not a problem with the contacts vehicle because the contacts vehicle was not a part of the recall issued for this vehicle. He was having problems with the air bags, horn, front passenger window, and oil light. The contact stated that this problem was first noticed on February 1, 2007. The contact stated that the vehicle was normally driven at 45 mph. The dealership has not repaired the vehicle. The current and failure mileage was 50,084. Updated 05/21/07

- Orlando, FL, USA

Jun 272006

Sebring 6-cyl

: the contact stated the air bag light illuminated and the turn signals did not work. The dealership was alerted however, the vehicle has not been inspected.

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Jun 032006

Sebring 6-cyl

I have owned 2 2004 Chrysler Sebring convt and both have had problems with the air bag light coming on. On vehicle #1 the seat belt tensioners were replaced on the front seats twice. I was in a collision in that car and it was a forceful front impact and the air bags did not deploy. Now I have had the second car for almost 6 months and the air bag light has already come on. I got upset and pulled the fuses out of the fuse box hoping the light on the dash would go off until I could get it to the repair shop on Monday. When the fuses were replaced the repair shop told me all info was erased and when the light came back on to bring it back in.

- Denison, TX, USA

Oct 132005

Sebring 6-cyl

Vehicle was purchased used with 18,455 miles on it. After vehicle was purchased we noticed a grinding noise with the brakes. We took the vehicle into the dealership and had the rotors replaced because they were warped. The vehicle continued to have the grinding sound, we brought the vehicle back to the dealership and again work was done on the brakes. We did not have opportunity to drive it much after as our daughter got into a car accident with this vehicle on Oct 13, 2005, she was pulling out of the elementary school parking lot (no more than 5-10 mph) to go across the road to enter the high school and another vehicle hit her front corner passenger side (other vehicle was going approx 40-45 mph). The real issue is that both front airbags did not deploy until several minutes after the accident occurred...that is what caused the majority of the injuries to my children.

- West Winfield, NY, USA

Jul 012004

Sebring 6-cyl

2004 Chrysler Sebring has a recurring air bag problem. The air bag light warning light would come on and go off numerous times while driving. A seat belt pre-tensioner was required, but that did not resolve the air bag light problem. The A/C would only blow on the highest setting. The left front window made a creaking noise when going up or down. The thermostat and gasket were replaced due to a coolant leak. The driver side mirror was loose.

- Plymouth, MI, USA

Jul 072003

Sebring

Air bag lights come on while driving down the road. Driver side door does not close properly. Chrysler has not repaired because they claim they can't find problem.

- Lake Mary, FL, USA