2004 Chrysler Sebring transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chrysler Sebring:

2004 Chrysler Sebring Owner Comments

Nov 252015

Sebring Limited 3.2L

well, I start having problems last winter, problem is when is 38F or bellow outside, car start, shift to Reverse and then just stop, and start leaking (again, only when is cold outside). I need to wait for some time until it finally start driving, when shift to Drive, again same problem. I spent around $1500 to fix it and she still having problems. I changed everything that can be replaced, only thing that's left is replacing the whole transmission. Lately, I realized that when car stop I need to press gas above 3 on the scale, and car jump and shift into gear. I am done with Chrysler and ready for some better quality car.

- , Charlotte, USA

Aug 182014

Sebring Touring V6

The gear shift moved, had my hand resting on it, when I hit the brakes it went into neutral while I was driving about 60 mph

- , Sacramento, CA, USA