2006 Chrysler Sebring suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chrysler Sebring:

2006 Chrysler Sebring Owner Comments

May 292015

Ball joint cracked badly which is causing the ball stud to wear through the control arm housing resulting in noise and/or separation of the ball stud from the housing.

- Rome, GA, USA

Jun 082015

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Sebring. While driving 8 mph, the ball stud separated from the socket of the ball joint housing which caused the control arm to collapse and the wheel to fold in. As a result, the power steering seized. The vehicle was taken to a dealer. The technician diagnosed there was a catastrophic failure of the ball stud. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 115,000.

- Fresno, CA, USA

Feb 052015

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Sebring. Upon making a turn, there was a loud noise coming from the front end of the vehicle and the steering wheel. The contact stated that the failure recurred intermittently. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic, who diagnosed that the front control arm and ball joints deteriorated. As a result, the ball joints and the cvc joints needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 09E056000 (suspension). The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was unavailable.

- Laura, OH, USA

Sep 112012

Sebring 6-cyl

My control arm and lower ball joint separated while I was driving. I was left blocking a busy intersection because I literally could not move my car because the tire had also separated from the axle. I had to replace the right axle, right lower control arm, left lower ball joint, and replace the outer tie rod end. This cost me over $1,000. I recently came across that a recall was issued for these very things that happened to me, however, I was never notified. I would like to be reimbursed for this expense.

- Kerrville, TX, USA

Nov 062013

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler Sebring. The contact stated that a loud metal-on-metal scraping sound was continuously heard from outside the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic, who stated that the lower control arm would need to be replaced. The contact referenced NHTSA campaign id number 09E056000 (suspension) however, the VIN was not included. The vehicle was scheduled for repairs. The manufacturer was notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 105,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Toms River, NJ, USA

Jan 122010

Passenger door master switch malfunction, driver window rolled down by itself during ice storm while driving on highway would not roll back up. Had to purchase and replace with new switch. Faulty rear camber in both right and left rear wheels. Both leaning inwards about 12 degrees, ruined 2 new tires, had to spend $670 for camber kit, and $200 for (new) new tires. Transmission herky jerky.

- Topeka, KS, USA

Feb 222011

3 months ago I began hearing sqeaky noises from the rear of the car when I go over a bump and uneven road. 2 weeks ago, my vehicle began to slightly wobble at low speed, as if the tire had went bad. 3-4 days later, after a few days I began hearing humming noises from the tire rotation. The noise gets louder with acceleration and coasting down a hill. Now its a knocking sound included, as if a piece of my tire component has fallen off. The repair shop informed me of a bad wheel bearing that I replaced. I was advised to get new tires due to irregular wear pattern and then an alignment. The following day I purchased 3 brand new tires. My vehicle still makes these noises and appears to be getting worse everyday. Thus led to my research online. The description that this recall lists and the symptoms resulting from these parts in the recall is exactly what I'm going through now.

- Nashville, TN, USA

Mar 202007

Sebring 4-cyl

S10 direct reply- letter to dot from re complaint against Chrysler financial and an article from the New York times newspaper the consumer stated she did not test drive the vehicle when she purchased it. She returned the vehicle within a few minutes because the vehicle was exhibiting a rough ride and it caused her neck problem to flare. The vehicle was leaking transmission fluid and the doors were rusting.

- Hudson, OH, USA