2007 Chrysler Sebring engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chrysler Sebring:

2007 Chrysler Sebring Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Mar 182012

I have had my vehicle in for service on two different occasions for the same problem, the check engine light won't go off and now my vehicle will not engage out of park.

- Clayton, NC, USA

Apr 192012

Sebring 4-cyl

When my car is cruising less than 20 miles per hour the electronic throttle control light flashes on and off and it's hard for the car to pick up speed. I have to pull over cut the car off and cut it back on.

- Alpharetta , GA, USA

Mar 222012

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler Sebring. The contact stated that the vehicle would stall sporadically with the illumination of the electronic throttle control warning light. The dealer performed a diagnostic on the vehicle but was unable to determine the cause of failure. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure and the vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 50,000 and the current mileage was 50,200.

- Cleveland, OH, USA

Mar 022009

Sebring 4-cyl

2007 Chrysler Sebring electronic throttle control light comes on and car cannot accelerate stalls almost to almost to a complete stop... only turning off the car resets this light for who knows how long it just happens and is very dangerous...this problem needs to be addressed before somebody gets seriously hurt...

- Weldon , CA, USA

Oct 092010

Car will shut off when decelerating and mph is below 15. Also will lunge forward sometimes during acceleration and has stalled at times. Been to dealership twice and they said they could not find anything the first time, second time they ran a "software upgrade".

- Wilmington, NC, USA

May 172010

I have a 2007 Chrysler Sebring and 1 week I have had the car for over two years and fear for my safety and others. Since I've bought the car I have experienced the following problems. When car is at red light the car jumps forward without putting foot on gas. Car has stalled out in intersections. Car begins by feeling like it is going to stall out then it will surge forward while at a complete stop with foot depressed on brake. Today at an intersection car at red light with foot on brake and car began to roll back while foot depressed on brake. Car has been taken to dealer and has Chrysler has been contacted without help.

- Springfield, OH, USA

Apr 232010

The car runs find most of the time. But sometimes, while you are driving, the accelerator will lose power and regardless of how much pressure you apply, the car will not go forward. It doesn't happen all of the time. I have taken the car to a chyrsler dealership three times and they have been unable to fix it.

- Jackson, MS, USA

Apr 132010

I bought my 2007 Chrysler Sebring back in October 2007 and have had it ever since. However, after the first year, I started having problem with the electronic throttle control light which will come on sometime and never go off unless you stop the car and restart. The electronic throttle control light always come on when I am in heavy highway traffic of when I am driving in the city. When electronic throttle control light is on you cannot break to stop the car, or speed up. It make you loose control of the whole car increasing the potentiality of accident if you was driving at any speed above 25 mph.therefore when I drive I always make sure I am close to the curb. I went to Chrysler dealerships, but they do not know what is going on with the car or could cause that failure, `and have no idea how to fix it.I do not know if this problem is related to the power train. Many other owners of 2007 Chrysler Sebring have had the same problem. This problem happened to me already more than 30 times, luckily I am a good driver, and with luck I was able to handle the car. I went to Pennsylvania this weekend and almost did not make it home. Also last night it happened to me twice at 12 am right at the exit of 295 while there was cars behind me and I almost got into an accidents.

- Lanham, MD, USA

Mar 282007

Brake problems and surging problems with 2007 Sebring. This problem has been ongoing since I have owned my car. I already spoke to cbs3 on your side and they told me to file a complaint with you and call 1-800-lemon law.

- Richlandtown, PA, USA

May 312008

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler Sebring. The contact attempted to release the trunk of the vehicle, but there was a malfunction with the trunk release mechanism. She then attempted to use the keyless device to open the trunk, but it also failed to operate. Within two to three minutes, the vehicle began to move. There were no occupants in the vehicle. The driver side door was ajar and was dragged 10 to 15 feet. The vehicle continued to drift and crashed into the porch of a nearby residence. The porch steps were damaged. A police report was filed. The insurance company towed the vehicle and the cause of the failure has not yet been determined. The current and failure mileages were 28,000.

- Wilmington, DE, USA