2008 Chrysler Sebring electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chrysler Sebring:

2008 Chrysler Sebring Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Nov 102011

My instrumental cluster lights went out so I can not see anything at night. My speed control/cruise control is no longer functioning.

- Fort Bliss, TX, USA

Oct 162011

The car will stall..with little to no notice. It makes you loose control of the whole car. The electronic throttle control light which will come on sometime and never go off unless you stop the car and restart.

- Princeton, IL, USA

Feb 192011

I was traveling back to los angeles, ca from sedona, AZ. It had been raining off/on all day. Sometimes lightly and often times very heavy with wake water coming off of other cars and trucks on a very busy ca highway. My windshield wipers completely stopped working during heavy downpour twice. Had to crawl off the freeway while unable to see because of no wipers. Had to wait at least 15 minutes before they would work again after the first failure. Was able to travel using the delayed intermittent sequence until rain got too heavy. When switched to faster wiping after ten minutes wipers stopped again. Luckily again I was able to crawl to the side of the road, and I waited for the rain to stop. I have not had this happen before and I have driven long and short distances in the rain. Another issue is I have had on three different occasions over the last year and 1/2, the car shut off/stall while waiting at red lights, and once while the car was moving it started to stall. At no time did the engine malfunction light, or electrical light come on or stay on. I was told by Chrysler technicians/mechanics that unless the light stays on they can't diagnose the problem. Otherwise the failure had to be duplicated, I.e, have to occur in the presence of the technicians. Well you know how that goes. I understand that my car was not part the 08V152000 recall, but this situation is dangerous. Please help.

- Washington, DC, USA

Mar 012008

TL-the contact owns a 2008 Chrysler Sebring. The contact stated that while waiting at a stop light he noticed that the engine would rev unexpectedly and that it would also stall without any warning. The vehicle was inspected by a dealer and they advised him that the battery had failed and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired for the battery, but they were unable to duplicate the stalling of the vehicle. The failure mileage was approximately 4,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Royal Pawn Beach, FL, USA

Nov 232010

Sebring 4-cyl

Chrysler Sebring 2008 however, I am having problem with the electronic throttle control light which will come on sometime and never go off unless you stop the car and restart. When electronic throttle control light is on you cannot break to stop the car, or speed up. It make you loose control of the whole car increasing the potentiality of accident if you was driving at any speed above 25 mph. I went to Chrysler dealerships, but they do not know what is going on with the car or could cause that failure, `and have no idea how to fix it. I do not know if this problem is related to the power train. The problem happened to me already more than 30 times.

- Albrightsville, PA, USA

Feb 022011

Sebring 4-cyl

Car would not start. No crank no nothing. Online it states part recalled, but Chrysler said recall doesn't affect my car... even though I drive a 2008 Chrysler Sebring recall doesn't affect me"??" doesn't affect me but part doesn't work on my car.

- Corpus Christi, TX, USA

Jun 192010

We have a 08 Chrysler Sebring it was taken to Nissan about 2 months ago we were told it was the battery charged 75. For a diag fee. The car itself dies when at a stop sign or red lite it will suddenly rev up the motor and just turn off. It started to stall and not turn on the battery was having to be charged over and over. Finally we changed the starter and bought a new battery that was 2 months it is doing the same thing the battery is dying we have just taken it in to get recharged just to find out if it is the alternator. The recall that was done on the Sebring for the tire pressure monitor does not include our car. I don't see how the same vehicle the same year is doing the exact same problems does not get included in the recall.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Dec 052009

Cab wires to battery caught on fire with family riding in vehicle part was order and replace two months later causing the alternator going out tire pressure light cuts off and on and engine light cuts off and on dealer told me it was still under factory warranty took it to the Chrysler dealer told them about the four recalls I found on the car and the dealer is saying the VIN number doesn't match but my car is have all the descriptions of all four recalls.

- Hurst, TX, USA

Mar 212009

My 2008 Chrysler Sebring was brought back to the dealer for a week to have my instrument cluster display repair because it is 1/4 tank off and the car run out of gas twice in the highway because it is still showing a 1/4 tank left.the last incident happen yesterday 3/21/09. The car just stop while cruising and the fuel gage still show a 1/4 tank left. I have to pull over and luckily II didn't get into an accident and loose control of my car when it run out odf gas.

- Mount Airy, MD, USA

Mar 162009

I purchased a 2008 Chrysler Sebring in August 2007, from darcars brand new, at the time of purchase Chrysler was aware of the recall 6months prior and made no attempt to inform me. My car is currently at the dealership being serviced. I took the car in because suddenly the car begin to make a horrible noise, that I described to the customer service representative as a noisy fan belt, that whinnied while driving, but noisiest while in park, odilimg at the stop light. I took the car in and they pretended not to have a clue, and begin to inquire about oil changes and other suggested maintenance, I showed the writer and mechanic my most current maintenance receipt printout along with the previous dates, so they backed away from the indirect accusations that it was possibly my fault. The power steering pump is defected, the pulley froze, and the alternator. The car has only been used to Transport my children to and from school and social events, and my transportation to and from work, grocery stores and things of that nature. My mileage is 31,418. They are behaving as if they don't have a clue, but after looking into several recall links, I am appalled that they knowingly sold me a lemon at regular price, with no discount. I have supporting documents. I only received on recall notice, but being the driver and experiencing the problems, there should have been recalls for recall id 07V473000, and recall dated for April 2, 2008 Sebring electrical system;wiring recall id 35950. Also the recall titled engine and engine cooling;cooling system radiator id#55084. The alternator is an electrical operating piece, it also tie into the recall titled "tire pressure monitor, because one of the consequences include stalling, and battery corrosion, and stopping without notice, which is also caused by a defected alternator. I drive two school age children, two grandchildren, 1month, and 13months old. Chrysler put us all in danger knowingly. But still to date acts as if they do not have a clue.

- Washington, Dc, DC, USA

Jan 302009

On 01/30/09 my 2008 Chrysler Sebring engine light came on and the car started shaking and loosing power. Was able to drive to dealer the next day and the dealer replace one spark plug and ignition coil. Then few days later on 2/3/09 the same engine light malfunction indicator came on again and the car started rough and vibrating, return to car dealers for a second diagnostic and the dealer found that the car PCM was faulty. Dealer replaced defective PCM.

- Mount Airy, MD, USA

Feb 182008

The contact owns a 2008 Chrysler Sebring. The contact stated that the vehicle would rev when the brake pedal was depressed. The vehicle behaved as if it would accelerate. In addition, the engine would shut off while idling at a traffic light. The vehicle was able to be restarted immediately. She took the vehicle to the dealer on several occasions, but they could never duplicate the failure or find cause for concern. The dealer stated that the vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign id number 08V152000 (electrical system:wiring). The manufacturer has not been notified. The current mileage was 28,290 and failure mileage was approximately 10,000.

- Keithville, LA, USA