- December 19: FCA US Recalls 3.3 Million Vehicles To Repair Takata Airbags
- December 18: Over 257,000 Model Year 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Trucks Recalled
- December 3: Chrysler Recalls Vans and SUVs To Repair Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems
- November 16: Chrysler TIPM Lawsuit Alleges Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep Vehicles Stall
- October 26: Government Looks At Dodge Ram Tie-Rod Recall Process
2001 Dodge Intrepid
CarComplaints.com Notes: The Dodge Intrepid, Stratus & other Chrysler sedans are infamous for oil sludge problems with the 2.7L V6 engine. If someone offers to sell you a 2.7L V6 model, it's only worth the price of the scrap metal it's going to shortly turn into.
NOTE: Only the 2.7L V6 has the oil sludge problem. Our "Avoid like the Plague" designation is ONLY for models with the 2.7L V6 engine. All other available engines are very reliable with no major problems.
Even with regular maintenance, the oil sludge defect eventually destroys the 2.7L engine typically around 80,000-100,000 miles. The only true fix we know about is to put in the larger 3.2L engine, which has a great reputation.
This issue was never deemed a safety defect by the Feds, so there was no recall. In the end, Chrysler got away with FOUR YEARS worth of defective 2.7L V6 engines in their sedans.
Worst 2001 Intrepid transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- transmission will not shift gears23
- bad egr valve1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission24
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission3
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Gear Position ...2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Control ...1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Cooling ...1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Lever And ...1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Park/Neutral ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Dodge Intrepid Model Years
Curious how the 2001 Intrepid compares to other years?
Check out our Dodge Intrepid overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Intrepid.