- July 15: Chrysler Recalls 442,000 Cars and SUVs Over Alternator Failures recalls | 5 days ago
- July 14: Chrysler Recalls 363,000 Dodge Journey SUVs recalls | 6 days ago
- June 19: Dodge Dart Transmission Lawsuit Won't Be Dismissed news | 31 days ago
- June 14: Chrysler Recalls Dodge Grand Caravans Over Airbag Problems recalls | 36 days ago
- May 7: Dodge Ram Emissions Lawsuit Should Be Dismissed, Chrysler Says news | 74 days ago
2000 Dodge Stratus
CarComplaints.com Notes: The Dodge Stratus, Intrepid & other Chrysler sedans are infamous for oil sludge problems with the 2.7L V6 engine. If someone offers to sell you a 2.7L V6 model, it's only worth the price of the scrap metal it's going to shortly turn into.
NOTE: Only the 2.7L V6 has the oil sludge problem. Our "Avoid like the Plague" designation is ONLY for models with the 2.7L V6 engine. All other available engines are very reliable with no major problems.
Even with regular maintenance, the oil sludge defect eventually destroys the 2.7L engine typically around 80,000-100,000 miles. The only true fix we know about is to put in the larger 3.2L engine, which has a great reputation. Also the 2.4L engine doesn't have the oil sludge problem.
This issue was never deemed a safety defect by the Feds, so there was no recall. In the end, Chrysler got away with FOUR YEARS worth of defective 2.7L V6 engines in their sedans.
Worst 2000 Stratus steering Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- power steering not working properly2
- steering is loose1
- NHTSA: Steering: Hydraulic Power Assist: Hose, Piping, ...47
- NHTSA: Steering9
- NHTSA: Steering: Linkages: Tie Rod Assembly7
- NHTSA: Steering: Wheel And Handle Bar2
- NHTSA: Steering: Hydraulic Power Assist System1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Dodge Stratus Model Years
Curious how the 2000 Stratus compares to other years?
Check out our Dodge Stratus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Stratus.