CarComplaints.com Notes: Say what you will about the styling of the Ford Edge, but the bottom line is owners seem to love this vehicle. That is, of course, except in the case of it's dangerous, worrisome and unexplained issues with random engine stalling.

Our data suggests an early defect trend, as owners of the 2007-2008 models have started posting their accounts of what happens when you're driving down the road and the engine just stops. Some at high speed, some at low speed but always a random shutdown of the engine, electrical and power steering.

Time will tell if this becomes a widespread issue, but there's no drying the seriousness of the problem. With that in mind, we're flagging the Edge with our "Beware of the Clunker" rating until the situation improves.

2.8

2007 Ford Edge lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Ford Edge:

2007 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Oct 282012

Edge

Driver side rear blinker has been replaced every 4-6 months. Socket is completely melted. Bulbs are melted. Black is all around socket. This is unacceptable and I will not pay the dealership an arm and leg just to keep me safe (car fire). One person said they were charged 98 dollars. That's absurd. There should be a recall and this should be replaced with no expense to the customer.

- York, PA, USA

May 072008

Edge 6-cyl

Tail lights melting, please search Ford Edge forum so you can see that I am not the only one. Also melting blinker bulbs.

- Hurst, TX, USA

Apr 022012

Edge

The rear turn signal bulbs on my 2007 Ford Edge are burning out on a regular basis of approx every 4-5 month. The bulbs and assembly both show signs of blackening and melting. The issue only seems to be with the rear turn signals. I haven't had to replace any other exterior lights since I purchased the car in Apr 2011.

- Norfolk, VA, USA

Oct 012009

Edge 6-cyl

The rear turn signal bulbs are burning out on a regular basis of approx every 4-5 month. The bulbs and assembly both show signs of blackening and melting. The issue only seems to be with the rear turn signals. I haven't had to replace any other exterior lights since I purchased the car in May 2009.

- Portland, OR, USA

Mar 172010

Edge 6-cyl

Rear tail light bulbs require frequent replacing. Bulbs and sockets are discolored and show minor menting of plastic socket material. The correct 4157K bulbs are being used as per the owner's manual. This vehicle was purchased by us new.

- Marietta, GA, USA

Mar 012010

Edge 6-cyl

As per other complaints, driver's side brake light burns out and light socket burned and partially melted.

- Excelsior, MN, USA

Feb 042008

Edge

We own a 2007 Edge sel and the driver's side brake light constantly burns out. The bulb has been replaced countless times and the socket is melted. I just wanted to share this with everyone. A clicking noise has also developed on the driver's side front wheel recently, however we haven't seen anything related to other complaints about this. The vehicle currently has very low miles (24,000) and this seems odd. I hope this information helps others.

- Marlton, NJ, USA

Sep 122011

Edge 6-cyl

Drivers side rear brake/signal light bulb burnt out. Socket bulb goes into was blackened & semi-melted. Next month passenger side same thing. Next month bearings in front passenger wheel went.

- Prospect, CT, USA

Feb 022011

Edge

One of the rear blinkers went bad twice since I had the car and when I went to replace it the socket that the bulb goes into was black and melted. The first time the blinker went out the car was under warranty so the dealer replaced the bulb. I feel that this issue need to be addressed soon because other than being annoying having to replace the bulb it seems like a fire hazard.

- Lasalle, MI, USA

Dec 182010

Edge 6-cyl

2007 Ford Edge, both rear turn signal lights shorted out within a few weeks of each other. In both cases, the base of bulb that plugs into socket has a burned black appearance leading me to believe this could be a fire safety hazard in this model. I have replaced both bulbs and my husband is reporting to our local dealer.

- Fairmont, WV, USA