CarComplaints.com Notes: Say what you will about the styling of the Ford Edge, but the bottom line is owners seem to love this vehicle. That is, of course, except in the case of it's dangerous, worrisome and unexplained issues with random engine stalling.

Our data suggests an early defect trend, as owners of the 2007-2008 models have started posting their accounts of what happens when you're driving down the road and the engine just stops. Some at high speed, some at low speed but always a random shutdown of the engine, electrical and power steering.

Time will tell if this becomes a widespread issue, but there's no drying the seriousness of the problem. With that in mind, we're flagging the Edge with our "Beware of the Clunker" rating until the situation improves.

6.0

2007 Ford Edge transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Ford Edge:

2007 Ford Edge Owner Comments

Apr 062011

Edge SEL 3.5L V6

I purchased my Ford Edge SEL in July of 07' and overall have been pleased with it; however, we started having shuddering problems while driving in 2011 at the 70,000 mile mark. I took it to a reputable Transmission shop locally and he ran a test. He hooked up the computer and (we) took it for test drive. After warning me of all the bad transmission shops in town and about 12 miles of inner city and open road driving, he looked at me and said "its not your transmission!". I'm no mechanic but there is still a problem and I would sure love to know what it is.

- , Columbus, GA, USA

Jan 072013

Edge SEL Plus 3.5L V6

The transmission shudder is an intermittent problem. It can occur as I slow to make a 90 degree turn and has also occurred as the transmission shifts to a higher gear at 40 to 50 mph. Has been going on for almost 3 years. used be every 2 months or so. Now seem every 2 week or more frequently.

Really like this vehicle otherwise.

- , Roscoe, IL, USA

Jun 012013

Edge EX 3.5L

Happens intermittently when you step on the gas pedal. feels like the front end of the car is about to fall off. Then smooths out.

- , Fontana, CA, USA

Mar 142008

Edge SEL 3.5L

I own a 2007 Ford Edge 2007 Edge SEL FWD purchased on 02/21/2008 new. Having problems with the Transmission it seems to shudder when traveling speeds of 3-55.It is apparent when your applying the gas you must release the gas petal or the transmission will get stuck and will not allow you to move out of a speed or downshift. I have taken the Edge to 2 dealership and the most famous words I hear is �TEST DROVE, NOT ABLE TO DUPLICATE. This is after having my Edge for more than 8 hours

- , Fort Worth, TX, USA