- March 20: Ford Explorer Police Vehicles Get Carbon Monoxide Detectors news | 2 days ago
- March 15: Ford Recalls 2017 Mustangs to Repair Door Handles recalls | 7 days ago
- March 5: Ford Dual-Clutch Transmission Lawsuit Filed in Texas news | 17 days ago
- March 3: Ford Recalls Edge, Lincoln MKX and Lincoln Continental recalls | 19 days ago
- February 26: Judge Dismisses Ford Power Steering Lawsuit news | 24 days ago
CarComplaints.com Notes: Say what you will about the styling of the Ford Edge, but the bottom line is owners seem to love this vehicle. That is, of course, except in the case of it's dangerous, worrisome and unexplained issues with random engine stalling.
Our data suggests an early defect trend, as owners of the 2007-2008 models have started posting their accounts of what happens when you're driving down the road and the engine just stops. Some at high speed, some at low speed but always a random shutdown of the engine, electrical and power steering.
Time will tell if this becomes a widespread issue, but there's no drying the seriousness of the problem. With that in mind, we're flagging the Edge with our "Beware of the Clunker" rating until the situation improves.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 92,992 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 7 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (7 reports)