CarComplaints.com Notes: Say what you will about the styling of the Ford Edge, but the bottom line is owners seem to love this vehicle. That is, of course, except in the case of it's dangerous, worrisome and unexplained issues with random engine stalling.

Our data suggests an early defect trend, as owners of the 2007-2008 models have started posting their accounts of what happens when you're driving down the road and the engine just stops. Some at high speed, some at low speed but always a random shutdown of the engine, electrical and power steering.

Time will tell if this becomes a widespread issue, but there's no drying the seriousness of the problem. With that in mind, we're flagging the Edge with our "Beware of the Clunker" rating until the situation improves.

6.0

2008 Ford Edge windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Ford Edge:

2008 Ford Edge Owner Comments

Mar 102011

Edge

Really nothing works right on my Edge!!! Last year I went to add wiper fluid and shocked to find it full. Every time I hit the fluid button nothing was spraying out. After a little investigation I noticed that all the tubes going to the sprayers were dry rotted. Just another item to add to the things that have broke/do not work on my POS Ford!

- , Whitehouse, TX, USA