2010 Ford Edge brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Ford Edge:

2010 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Oct 262016

Edge

Brake booster is leaking, when I press on the brakes we can hear a hissing noise, and at times we have to apply a lot of pressure to get the brakes to work. We only have 85,000 miles on our Edge, I noticed that there ad been a customer satisfaction program 13N02 which has expired and doesn't include my vehicle however all of the symptoms are the same as what the letter states. I called Ford and they were unable to help me. It seems to me that if the symptoms are identical to the vehicles that had the letter sent out to extend the warranty to repair the problem that they need to look at the fact that the problem has reached more vehicles than they thought it affected. How many Ford Edges have had brake booster problems. This should be a full recall to ensure our safety.

- Ashburn, VA, USA

Sep 222016

Edge

Two days ago began intermittent loss of power brakes. Had to nearly put my foot through the floor to get my vehicle to stop in heavy traffic. Was advised by local mechanic of customer satisfaction program 13N02 which acknowledges brake booster problem in my model year Edge. Contacted Ford customer service and dealer and was told by both that my vehicle was not included in this repair. Now I am facing a costly mechanic's bill (nearly $1000) for a known and dangerous problem.

- Gulfport, MS, USA

Aug 242016

Edge

Brakes were making noise. Dealership charged me ~$1,500 to replace brake booster and parking brake control module. However, just found issuance 13N02, which extended warranty for same problem for other years of this make and model. Please extend the recall to include 2010 Ford Edge. The brakes should not fail like this in a 6 year old car with only 60K miles!

- Arlington, VA, USA

Aug 022016

Edge

Brake booster failure while driving in traffic. Brake pressure was too much for female driver. Failure occurred while exiting parking lot into highway traffic. Vehicle missed the customer satisfaction program 13N02 by 7 working days. Affected vehicles should be expanded.

- Hoschton, GA, USA

Jun 302016

Edge

The other day I had left my house in my 2010 Ford Edge limited AWD to pick up my daughter. As I approached the first stop sign in my neighborhood I applied the brakes. The brake pedal hit a stopping point and wouldn't depress any further, however my car kept going and didn't stop for another 15-20 feet. I was stepping on the brakes as hard as I could. I was only traveling 15-20 mph at the time. At such low speeds taking that long to stop is unacceptable. Thankfully none of the neighborhood children were out playing or this situation could've ended horribly. Thi issue occurred suddenly and not gradually. My dealer says it's the brake booster. Seeing how dangerous this situation is and how suddenly it occurred I started to research the issue. I found csp13N02 and my car fits all the criteria (build date, Oakville, Ontario factory...etc.). I contacted my dealer and they said my car wasn't showing up on their system as covered and to try to contact Ford. Then I contacted Ford regarding the issue and they told me to contact my dealer with a case number. Are you kidding my right now"??? this is absurd. I will pay the $700 to fix the problem simply because of the value I have for my family's safety and on the safety of my neighbors. But...this is a Ford issue and that is clear by the warranty extension they provide specifically for the break booster part failure... Ford is refusing to acknowledge or fix the problem. The lady I spoke to have me an address to a P.O. Box and told me I can write a letter to the manager in detroit named phil perry...really??" my family and I have been dedicated Ford owners for 4 decades, but sadly that will be changing very soon. This is unacceptable.

- Seabrook, TX, USA

Jun 292016

Edge

While driving on interstate and trying to exit, the brakes quit working with no notice. Had to pump them to get them to respond. When we finally get home, we played with the braking system in the drive way. The brake pedal started out being difficult to press then ended up making a hissing noise. Had to utilize emergency brake to get vehicle to stop quickly otherwise it would take 50-100 feet to stop. Once we took it to moses Ford in St albans, wv, we learned the power booster failed. After researching the issue, it appears Ford recalled 2011 models but not 2010

- Poca, WV, USA

Aug 012010

Edge

Within months of buying car new, I called five star Ford in North richland hills. I was told that the noise was weather-related, high humidity. A few months later I took car in to have seats tightened and asked to have brakes checked as I was still have issues. Again, told that it was weather-related. There was not high humidityi called one other time and told same thing. Took my car to bevil auto and they told me about Ford campaign notice regarding this same issue. Called dealer again, gave then my VIN, they said, "your car is not included in recall. Anything else I can help you with?", I said no, he said goodbye. I was very disappointed in the way this was handled and find it hard to believe my car is not part of this same problem.

- Hurst, TX, USA

Jun 152016

Edge

My car has approximately 90,000 miles. After a trip we began to notice the brake pedal was very hard on the initial touch, like pushing against a brick wall. Very frightening. Brakes did slow the car down, but not as quick or responsive as when the pedal is working properly. When pushed very hard, the pedal finally moves forward toward the floor in a somewhat normal manner, but mushy. A hissing sound is also heard when applying the brakes. When I took the car to the local dealer I was told that Ford had just released a new extended warranty and free repair for this problem concerning the brake booster, a tear, and beginning with Ford Edge's built in 2010. When my VIN was checked, I was then told my car did not fall within the dates for the program. My car was manufactured on April 27 2010 and the program begins for cars manufactured on May 3, 2010. When my dealer called Ford he was told that nothing could be done; my car had missed the date by 6 days. If you are experiencing this similar problem, please report it so that enough complaints can be recorded that Ford will be required to do something about it, for all cars that are experiencing this problem, not just those manufactured after some random date selected by Ford. If the issue is with the part, then all defective parts should qualify. I hope it does not take a death before Ford takes care of this problem. I have no choice but to have the defective part replaced, or park the car. I have driven a Ford for most of my life, but things like this are reasons why I am considering changing manufacturers. See 13N02 brake booster warranty extension 2010 - 2013 Edge and mkx.

- Ossian, IN, USA

Jun 172016

Edge

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Edge. While driving 30 mph, the brake pedal was depressed, and the contact heard an abnormal noise coming from the pedal. In addition, the contact had to apply force to the brake pedal in order to get the vehicle to stop. The failure recurred on numerous occasions. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic and a dealer who confirmed that the brake power booster was faulty and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was included in NHTSA campaign number: 15V712000 (fuel system, gasoline); however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 72,000. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Parlin, NJ, USA

Jun 122016

Edge

Been changing the breaks constantly and now the break booster is gone out. No matter what breaks I've put on they would always be hard to mash. They were bleed and installed properly. I only had the vehicle 14 months.

- Hartsville, SC, USA

Jun 172016

Edge

The brake pedal became hard to brake. The car wound stop eventually. When I stop to test the brake there were hissing sounds when brake pedal near the floor. Happen to similar model Ford model without recall. Th's is a very dagerous situation when travel on the highway and Ford knew about that: Customer satisfaction program 13N02 certain 2010-2013 model year Edge and mkx vehicles extended warranty coverage on brake booster.

- Plano, TX, USA

Mar 242016

Edge

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Edge. While the contact's wife was at a stop light, the brake pedal traveled to the floor and the engine jerked. The contact's wife had to slowly drive the vehicle back home. The vehicle was not diagnosed nor repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The VIN was unknown. The failure mileage was 75,000. Updated 05/10/16

- Hollister, CA, USA

Feb 012016

Edge

When stopping vehicle braking became extremely difficult and stopping power drastically reduced. Definite loss of power braking. Hissing sound every time brakes are engaged. If brakes are firmly pressed for any extended period, a loud whistling sound is heard. Vehicle is operated in city streets. On hills, constant pressure is needed to keep from rolling backwards. Had vehicle to a mechanic who advised it is the brake booster and advised Ford had a recall on certain Ford for brake booster issues.

- Scranton, PA, USA

Oct 262015

Edge

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Edge. While driving at 50 mph and coming to a stop, the vehicle jerked and required a longer stopping distance when the brake pedal was depressed. The failure recurred intermittently. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the brake booster failed and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 80,000.

- Houston, TX, USA

Oct 222015

Edge

2010 Edge 24,000 miles only, for a month feeling sick, headaches due to smelling fumes inside Edge, smelled like propane gas, smelled more with stopped. They found leak at pto, burnt and oozing goo, cost to replace $1436, never heard of this in my life this is a health risk to myself and family, told also that the tie-rods and front brakes and rotorsworn out which could cause a fatal accident. How can this be happening on a 5 yr old car this low miles I have to file a second report on the dry rotted tires 08 tires on a 2010 new car can some one explain this

- Farmington Hills, MI, USA

Sep 172015

Edge

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Edge. While driving approximately 55 mph on the highway, the brake pedal felt stiff when it was depressed. The contact released the pedal and depressed it again and was able to slow down the vehicle. The failure was intermittent. The brakes made a hissing sound when engaged and the pedal had to be depressed to the floorboard in order to function. The manufacturer was notified. The failure mileage was 139,334.

- Trout, LA, USA

Sep 232015

Edge

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Edge. While driving approximately 25 mph and coming to a stop, an abnormal sound was heard from the vehicle. In addition, the brake pedal was depressed but the brakes failed to respond. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the brake booster needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 55,000.

- Old Bridge, NJ, USA

Aug 272015

Edge

1 week ago noticed a hissing sound coming from what seems to be the break pedal area while applying pressure to the pedal and also while totally engaged and vehicle is at a complete stop. Yesterday the break pedal has become very hard to press and break power is very poor and hesitant. Also hissing still exist. Thinking maybe break booster failure or vacuum failure.

- Mililani, HI, USA

Aug 132015

Edge

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Edge. While driving approximately 50 mph, the brake pedal was depressed and there was an abnormal noise. In addition, the vehicle hesitated to stop. The failure recurred multiple times. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the brake lines needed to be flushed. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was unavailable. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 110,000.

- Mckinney, TX, USA

Aug 192015

Edge

While drive along with normal flow of traffic, I came to a well known stop sign approaching oncoming traffic in both directions. When I put my foot on the brake pedal to stop, the vehicle didn't have any brakes and did not even attempt to stop. The brake pedal was hard and there was a loud whooshing sound. After repeated attempts to use the brake pedal as I usually do, the same thing kept happening. It does not matter what rate of speed or road conditions. It is a clear sunny day. The brakes suddenly went out.

- Moorpark, CA, USA