2011 Ford Edge electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Ford Edge:

2011 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 18 of 24)

Oct 102014

Edge 6-cyl

Car almost shuts down, you can drive it at 1 mph or restart & it works fine. Engine light does come on. Had it towed to dealership & they couldn't find anything wrong. We are both handicap, it's are only car & shuts off daily. Dealership can not do anything unless we bring it, take a mechanic with us & it happens while he is in the car!!

- Indianapolis, IN, USA

Mar 282014

Edge 6-cyl

Driver door ajar light stays on constantly making the vehicle unable to lock doors automatically and manually. Also, interior lights stay on longer making night driving unsafe as well as risk for battery dying.

- Lowell, NC, USA

Jun 122013

Edge 6-cyl

The door ajar warning light will not go off even if the door is closed, which makes the interior lights stay on while driving which is a hazard at night time, creates low visibility, hard to see the road. Also the doors lock and unlock sporadically because of the malfunctioning sensor. Several people I know with the same vehicle have had the same problem with theirs. Seems like Ford is cashing in on the $600 repair to fix the malfunctioning light.... at the drivers expense, monetary expenses and safety expenses. Not ok.

- Snohomish, WA, USA

Oct 242014

Edge

As many other Ford Edge owners have reported, the door ajar warning is illuminated and doors will not lock. Door is shut but continues to do this.

- Dublin, OH, USA

Oct 252014

Edge 6-cyl

The latch sensor telling the car that the door is ajar is sticking. It won't allow the doors to lock because it thinks the door is still ajar. The interior lights stay on which also drain the car's battery. The fact that my car doors won't lock as a result of this sensor issue is a safety issue for all that encounter it.

- Dallas, TX, USA

Oct 012014

Edge

The door latch sensor malfunctions causing the instrument panel to announce that the door is ajar even though all four doors are shut correctly. If you cannot make the message go away by reopening and shutting the door, then the doors will not lock once the vehicle is in motion and the dome lights will remain illuminated. Also, the biggest danger is that the latch can malfunction while driving causing the doors locks to unlock while driving at high rates of speed. This is concerning given that my daughter rides in the back seat. This has caused battery to be drained.

- Portsmouth, RI, USA

Aug 252014

Edge 6-cyl

My 2011 Ford Edge with 28,000 miles just dropped out of the three year warranty and the door ajar warning came on after shutting my car door and would not go out. The door was shut, but the sensor still indicated the door was not closed. As a result the auto door lock would not engage and interior lights stayed on. This problem got worse over time and now the door ajar indicator never shuts off. This is a big safety issue in that the doors do not lock as they should and if the door does happen to be ajar you would never know. I believe there is an existing service bulletin(tsb 14-0011) on this, but it should really be a recall because it appears to be a pretty common problem with many Ford. I guess Ford is waiting for someone to fall out of a moving car and get hurt before they issue a recall. Instead Ford had me pay over $600 to fix the issue just out of warranty.

- Woodbury, MN, USA

Oct 172014

Edge

While driving on the highway at 70 mph, the car suddenly jerked and quickly lost speed, and the wrench light came on. I attempted to press the gas pedal, however nothing reacted, the car wouldn't accelerate. After turning on the hazard lights, I was able to creep to the shoulder and on then onto the off-ramp where I restarted the car. Initially everything worked; I was able to accelerate, but shortly after the jerking/loss of speed happened again. After calling my husband to meet me where I was stranded, I called my insurance company to active roadside assistance. Our car was towed to a local Ford shop where they told us that our electronic fuel throttle failed and had to been replaced at just about $900 (plus the tow).

- Overland Park, KS, USA

Oct 142013

Edge 6-cyl

Door ajar signal comes on dash signaling drivers door is not closed. All doors will not lock and dome lights stays on. Reclosing door does not change status.

- Georgetown, MA, USA

Oct 212014

Edge

The door sensor erroneously indicates door ajar. This prevents the door locks from actuating and allows children to accidentally open door when moving. Also the dome lights stay on at hours of darkness, impeding visibility.

- Cudahy, WI, USA

Oct 152014

Edge

Door ajar switch went out on front driver door last year was under electrical warranty but now the rear left door has done the same thing.

- Logan, UT, USA

Oct 112014

Edge 6-cyl

This is the fourth occurrence of this situation. The first three times, I have taken it to the dealer and their response is that they cannot replicate the problem. The problem is the vehicle will shut off while in motion. It does not matter the speed, the weather conditions, the amount of gas, the weight of the keys in the ignition. I have tried everything to ensure the issue will not happen, yet, it continues. The car shuts off, power steering is unavailable, the computer system goes blank, the tool light comes on the left side of my dash, and the vehicle begins to sputter. Luckily, all four times I have been able to get over and shut the car off. I then restart and drive to the dealer. This is extremely dangerous and could potentially be fatal, depending on the surroundings. I have been to three different dealerships and no one will help me. The Ford corporate offices have been unhelpful, suggesting that the next time this happens, I should call a tow truck. I should not have to wait for the next time in a dangerous situation like this.

- Alexandria, VA, USA

Jul 102014

Edge

Driver door ajar light remains on even after door has been closed numerous times.

- Dunedin , FL, USA

Sep 132014

Edge 6-cyl

Driver door ajar alert sensor keeps coming on and does not go off which does not allow for auto lock once in drive and leaves dome lights on.

- Queen Creek, AZ, USA

Sep 012014

Edge 6-cyl

Drivers door ajar light comes on 90% of the time when door is closed. It started about a month ago and it would do it occasionally. Now it has gotten worse to where it is pretty much every time I get in the car. There are tons of complaints exactly like mine about this car when searching the internet. This is a known issue and Ford should be held responsible.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Mar 052012

Edge 6-cyl

Door ajar sensor stays on which will not allow my doors to lock while in drive. When I get out of the vehicle, the dome lights, puddle lights, and headlights stay on after locking the car with the remote and eventually drained the battery. The issue is with the door latch and it was already replaced back in 4/12 but the problem came back a couple of months ago. From what is read online this is a common issue and should be rectified immediately.

- Havertown, PA, USA

Jun 122014

Edge

My door ajar light keeps coming on when my driver side door is clearly shut. Looked up multiple forums and found other people with the same problem. Why hasn't there been a recall? I shouldn't have to pay $400 for this fix!

- Federal Way , WA, USA

Jul 012014

Edge 6-cyl

The "door is ajar" (left rear) warning light is on even though the left rear door is properly closed and locked.

- Le Claire, IA, USA

Sep 272014

Edge 6-cyl

The drivers door is closed but the switch indicates open so the doors do not lock; the dome lights stayed on when driving after dark and made it difficult to see. Also, the dome lights stayed on and ran the battery down overnight.

- Clio, MI, USA

Jan 222013

Edge 6-cyl

The "door ajar" sensor has stopped working twice now (replaced at 32,000 miles and now not working again at 60,000). Side effects of this include having the dome light stay on, not being able to use the exterior keypad lock to lock the door (a security hazard for people who commonly use that feature) and excessive battery wear. Also, possibly the most severe hazard, the driver could get used to the warning, if not repaired, and not recognize when the door or another is *legitimately* ajar. Ignoring the warning could cause potentially devastating results.

- Ballwin, MO, USA