2011 Ford Edge electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Ford Edge:

2011 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 19 of 24)

Sep 102014

Edge 6-cyl

Door ajar light stays on when doors are closed and lights stay lid, alarm won't activate properly.

- Woodhaven, NY, USA

Aug 122014

Edge 6-cyl

The "door is ajar" (left rear) warning light is on even though the left rear door is properly closed and locked.

- Los Angeles , CA, USA

Jun 162014

Edge 6-cyl

The driver side door ajar indicator stays on, even after numerous firm slams of the driver - this causes the interior lights to stay on and also annoys while driving. Door is securely shut and locked and indicator continues to stay on.

- Avon Lake, OH, USA

Sep 202014

Edge 6-cyl

Door ajar light stays on.

- North Tonawanda, NY, USA

Sep 182014

Edge 6-cyl

My vehicle all of a sudden slowed down to a coast and would not accelerate. A yellow icon appeared and informed me that I needed to take the vehicle in to the dealer asap, there is a malfunction in the vehicle's AWD system. I was able to pull over to the side of the road and turn of the car. The car then started and I was able to get home. When I brought the car over to the dealership I got hit with a $1,000 bill, for the part (throttle box controller) $475, labor $120, re programming the computer $130, fuel injector cleaning $159 and oil change $75. My car is almost three years old and I take good care of it. It is not acceptable that an electrical component's part and labor replacement cost is $1000 in less than three years.

- Port St. Lucie, FL, USA

Jul 152014

Edge 6-cyl

The passenger door ajar warning light comes on when the door is properly shut. This causes the interior lights to stay on until you begin driving the car. In one instance the light would not go off after parking the car, shutting all doors and locking the car. The light stayed on overnight and drained the battery. We have since pulled the fuse to eliminate the light problem. I have researched this problem on the internet and it appears to be happening to many people. This should be recalled and fixed by Ford.

- Salisbury, MD, USA

Sep 022014

Edge 6-cyl

Passenger door ajar alarm has came on and will not turn off even though door is closed. We already had back hatch jam fixed once. Passenger alarm will go off by itself while you are driving or if you stop after 5 miles and open then close door.

- Mansfield, TX, USA

Dec 012013

Edge 6-cyl

The drivers door ajar warning message displays when the door is fully closed due to a faulty door latch assembly. Doors will not auto lock while driving and cannot be locked using the lock switch on the door panel or with the key pad on the outside of the door. In order to lock the doors they must be either manually locked or locked using the key fob. Issue was intermittent at 34000 miles and at 37500 miles the door latch assembly fully failed. Ford informed me that they will only covers the repair if within 3 years or 36000 miles of purchasing the vehicle and will not offer any assistance with the repair. The dealer informed me that this is a common problem, but without a recall cannot offer any compensation for this issue. I'm not aware of any publicized safety issues associated with this problem, but hope that an investigation is performed to ensure that there are not any.

- Menomonie, WI, USA

Aug 262014

Edge

When driving my Ford Edge down the highway, it suddenly loses power and have to pull off road. Has happened 3X so took to dealership and they want $900 to fix! really can't believe a throttle body goes out after 3 years.

- Statham, GA, USA

Nov 062013

Edge 6-cyl

Door ajar light stays on and can not lock vehicle doors... stays on even while driving... open and close door several times may or may not cause door ajar lights to go out.. usually not.... battery runs down... can't leave vehicle at store or work location because of doors not locking... Ford dealer did a "repair" in February 2014 that lasted until mid August 2014.. Ford says this is not a recall event..."???" this started during the warranty period, but got worse... when we realized that the problem was getting worse, the warranty period was over.. by less than 800 miles...

- Loxahatchee, FL, USA

Jul 022012

Edge 6-cyl

Door ajar came on won't shut off can't lock doors. Safety if someone can get in car while your driving.

- Commerce City, CO, USA

Aug 292014

Edge

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Edge. The contact stated that the door ajar warning indicator illuminated when all the doors were closed. The interior lighting illuminated and caused the vehicle's battery to lose power. The failure occurred on multiple occasions. The dealer stated that the electronic sensor on the door latch needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired and the manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 50,000.

- International Falls, MN, USA

Mar 052014

Edge 6-cyl

Drivers door ajar switch malfunction causing locks to malfunction.

- Schaumburg, IL, USA

Aug 132014

Edge 6-cyl

I was driving down a busy city street with my daughter when my car started to lose power and proceeded to stall in the middle of the road. A warning light (the wrench) popped up while this happened. I was luckily in the right hand lane and was able to steer the vehicle off of the road into a private drive. The vehicle then completely lost power. I was able to start the vehicle and tried to drive down the private road when the vehicle again started to lose power and stall. I then called aaa and had a tow truck pick up my vehicle and tow it to a local Ford dealership. I was told the next day by the dealership that is was a faulty throttle body and that the part just happened to not be covered under my extended warranty. Why is a part that can cause a car to stall out while driving not covered under an extended warranty that the Ford dealerships are selling to their customers" furthermore, after seeing so many posts about this particular part on this website as well as numerous others why is there not a recall on these faulty throttle bodies" this a lot like what Chevy did with their ignition switches (which we happen to own a cobalt and are going through that mess right now) allowing faulty parts to be placed into these vehicles which can cause the potential for serious accidents. I just thank god that we were not on a major highway in the middle of rush hour traffic. Something needs to be done about these parts and Ford needs to look into the "extended warranties" that they are allowing their dealerships to sell. I am furious with my dealership right now and have a call into the East coast regional office regarding this situation.

- Raleigh, NC, USA

Aug 202014

Edge 6-cyl

As I was driving out of my neighborhood, I pressed the accelerator, felt a jerk, and then no response from the accelerator. The car was just in idle, with nothing I could do. The "wrench" light (check engine) came on. Luckily, I could easily pull over, since I had no control over my speed, except for braking. I shut the vehicle off, and turned it back on, and it seemed to be fine. 5 minutes later, driving on a four lane road, the accelerator went unresponsive again. I was able to pull onto a side street with my existing momentum (there was no shoulder or space on the main road). I contacted my dealership and made an appointment for the next day. The next morning, the same thing occurred while driving my daughter to school (I was able to pull off the road), and again, about 50 feet from the Ford dealership. After evaluation, they said that the throttle body needed to be replaced. The part would take 2-3 days to order. They did not offer me a rental to use instead of my unsafe vehicle, but after I pushed, I was able to obtain a rental vehicle. I was not about to spend 5 days driving a vehicle I could not trust to be responsive when I needed it. Numerous other Ford vehicles have had issues with the electronic throttle body, resulting in an extension of the warranty for this part. After doing more research, I believe Ford needs to add the Edge to this list: www.fordproblems.com/problems/electronic-throttle-body.shtml.

- Saint Peters, MO, USA

May 302014

Edge

Door ajar indication on dash for both the driver side front and rear doors began to be intermittent even after the doors are shut tight with multiple closures. Car lights would stay on and car battery would be discharge (would not start and electrical system failures. I had to removed the interior lights front over the dash, rear ceiling lights and trunk lights to prevent the battery from discharging. Battery still be discharged but less fast. Car now begins beeping horn when the battery gets low. Car will not lock unless the key fob is a significant distance from the vehicle. Car has keyless entry and will not lock under any circumstance. Estimated repair will be over $400 and this is not guaranteed to fix the problem will not re-occur since Ford has not fixed the design of the door lock assembly.

- Chelmsford, MA, USA

Jul 282014

Edge

The door ajar light remains on all the time, elluding to the driver's door being open, when it is not. Will not allow me to lock my doors when driving, making it unsafe and wearing down my battery.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Aug 112013

Edge 6-cyl

Door ajar warning light stayed lit at times, closing the door a little harder stopped working. Now the warning is constant and my doors will not lock while driving. All interior lights stayed on until it drained the battery. With new battery the only way the lights eventually shut off is if the car is locked, but the lights do stay on for extended periods of time before shutting off. Dealer claims the battery saver kicks in and shut the lights off "eventually" this is not the case if you leave the vehicle unlocked over night.

- Lancaster, PA, USA

Jul 012013

Edge 6-cyl

The "door ajar" warning on the driver door is constantly illuminated. Not sure if it I safe to dive vehicle.

- Dublin, CA, USA

Mar 032014

Edge 6-cyl

When the driver side door is shut, the drive side door warning light stays on. It will not go out until the vehicle is turned off. Once the vehicle is turned off, the interior lights stay on for several minutes. We have to check the vehicle periodically to be sure they turn off. When vehicle is parked outside and no one is near the vehicle, the alarm will go off intermittently. This happens during the day and at night. It seems to have started after the driver side door warning light started staying on. Our vehicle is out of warranty. When I called my local Ford dealer, they stated they see the problem with the driver side door warning light a lot but there is no recall on it. The repair can be as much as $500.

- Bonner Springs, KS, USA