2011 Ford Edge electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Ford Edge:

2011 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 19 of 25)

Oct 172014

Edge

While driving on the highway at 70 mph, the car suddenly jerked and quickly lost speed, and the wrench light came on. I attempted to press the gas pedal, however nothing reacted, the car wouldn't accelerate. After turning on the hazard lights, I was able to creep to the shoulder and on then onto the off-ramp where I restarted the car. Initially everything worked; I was able to accelerate, but shortly after the jerking/loss of speed happened again. After calling my husband to meet me where I was stranded, I called my insurance company to active roadside assistance. Our car was towed to a local Ford shop where they told us that our electronic fuel throttle failed and had to been replaced at just about $900 (plus the tow).

- Overland Park, KS, USA

Oct 142013

Edge 6-cyl

Door ajar signal comes on dash signaling drivers door is not closed. All doors will not lock and dome lights stays on. Reclosing door does not change status.

- Georgetown, MA, USA

Oct 212014

Edge

The door sensor erroneously indicates door ajar. This prevents the door locks from actuating and allows children to accidentally open door when moving. Also the dome lights stay on at hours of darkness, impeding visibility.

- Cudahy, WI, USA

Oct 152014

Edge

Door ajar switch went out on front driver door last year was under electrical warranty but now the rear left door has done the same thing.

- Logan, UT, USA

Oct 112014

Edge 6-cyl

This is the fourth occurrence of this situation. The first three times, I have taken it to the dealer and their response is that they cannot replicate the problem. The problem is the vehicle will shut off while in motion. It does not matter the speed, the weather conditions, the amount of gas, the weight of the keys in the ignition. I have tried everything to ensure the issue will not happen, yet, it continues. The car shuts off, power steering is unavailable, the computer system goes blank, the tool light comes on the left side of my dash, and the vehicle begins to sputter. Luckily, all four times I have been able to get over and shut the car off. I then restart and drive to the dealer. This is extremely dangerous and could potentially be fatal, depending on the surroundings. I have been to three different dealerships and no one will help me. The Ford corporate offices have been unhelpful, suggesting that the next time this happens, I should call a tow truck. I should not have to wait for the next time in a dangerous situation like this.

- Alexandria, VA, USA

Jul 102014

Edge

Driver door ajar light remains on even after door has been closed numerous times.

- Dunedin , FL, USA

Sep 132014

Edge 6-cyl

Driver door ajar alert sensor keeps coming on and does not go off which does not allow for auto lock once in drive and leaves dome lights on.

- Queen Creek, AZ, USA

Sep 012014

Edge 6-cyl

Drivers door ajar light comes on 90% of the time when door is closed. It started about a month ago and it would do it occasionally. Now it has gotten worse to where it is pretty much every time I get in the car. There are tons of complaints exactly like mine about this car when searching the internet. This is a known issue and Ford should be held responsible.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Mar 052012

Edge 6-cyl

Door ajar sensor stays on which will not allow my doors to lock while in drive. When I get out of the vehicle, the dome lights, puddle lights, and headlights stay on after locking the car with the remote and eventually drained the battery. The issue is with the door latch and it was already replaced back in 4/12 but the problem came back a couple of months ago. From what is read online this is a common issue and should be rectified immediately.

- Havertown, PA, USA

Jun 122014

Edge

My door ajar light keeps coming on when my driver side door is clearly shut. Looked up multiple forums and found other people with the same problem. Why hasn't there been a recall? I shouldn't have to pay $400 for this fix!

- Federal Way , WA, USA

Jul 012014

Edge 6-cyl

The "door is ajar" (left rear) warning light is on even though the left rear door is properly closed and locked.

- Le Claire, IA, USA

Sep 272014

Edge 6-cyl

The drivers door is closed but the switch indicates open so the doors do not lock; the dome lights stayed on when driving after dark and made it difficult to see. Also, the dome lights stayed on and ran the battery down overnight.

- Clio, MI, USA

Jan 222013

Edge 6-cyl

The "door ajar" sensor has stopped working twice now (replaced at 32,000 miles and now not working again at 60,000). Side effects of this include having the dome light stay on, not being able to use the exterior keypad lock to lock the door (a security hazard for people who commonly use that feature) and excessive battery wear. Also, possibly the most severe hazard, the driver could get used to the warning, if not repaired, and not recognize when the door or another is *legitimately* ajar. Ignoring the warning could cause potentially devastating results.

- Ballwin, MO, USA

Sep 102014

Edge 6-cyl

Door ajar light stays on when doors are closed and lights stay lid, alarm won't activate properly.

- Woodhaven, NY, USA

Aug 122014

- Los Angeles , CA, USA

Jun 162014

Edge 6-cyl

The driver side door ajar indicator stays on, even after numerous firm slams of the driver - this causes the interior lights to stay on and also annoys while driving. Door is securely shut and locked and indicator continues to stay on.

- Avon Lake, OH, USA

Sep 202014

Edge 6-cyl

Door ajar light stays on.

- North Tonawanda, NY, USA

Sep 182014

Edge 6-cyl

My vehicle all of a sudden slowed down to a coast and would not accelerate. A yellow icon appeared and informed me that I needed to take the vehicle in to the dealer asap, there is a malfunction in the vehicle's AWD system. I was able to pull over to the side of the road and turn of the car. The car then started and I was able to get home. When I brought the car over to the dealership I got hit with a $1,000 bill, for the part (throttle box controller) $475, labor $120, re programming the computer $130, fuel injector cleaning $159 and oil change $75. My car is almost three years old and I take good care of it. It is not acceptable that an electrical component's part and labor replacement cost is $1000 in less than three years.

- Port St. Lucie, FL, USA

Jul 152014

Edge 6-cyl

The passenger door ajar warning light comes on when the door is properly shut. This causes the interior lights to stay on until you begin driving the car. In one instance the light would not go off after parking the car, shutting all doors and locking the car. The light stayed on overnight and drained the battery. We have since pulled the fuse to eliminate the light problem. I have researched this problem on the internet and it appears to be happening to many people. This should be recalled and fixed by Ford.

- Salisbury, MD, USA

Sep 022014

Edge 6-cyl

Passenger door ajar alarm has came on and will not turn off even though door is closed. We already had back hatch jam fixed once. Passenger alarm will go off by itself while you are driving or if you stop after 5 miles and open then close door.

- Mansfield, TX, USA