2011 Ford Edge electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Ford Edge:

2011 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 9 of 24)

Sep 202015

Passenger door ajar alert is on constant delay. The door is closed but the sensor will not go off. This leaves the overhead lights on which create a visibility issue at night. This alert also prevents the doors from locking. Once the vehicle is turned off the computer and lights stay on for another 10 minutes before turning off which also drains the battery.

- Spring, TX, USA

Sep 212015

The door ajar sensor does not register that the door is closed.

- Brighton, MI, USA

Apr 152015

The left rear door ajar light comes on and does not go off even when the door is shut. Also, the interior lights stay on for up to an hour after parking the car, and for 3-5 minutes after starting the car. This is extremely dangerous when driving at night. It has also killed a battery already.

- Wichita, KS, USA

Sep 022014

The door sensor that registers the driver door being open or shut has malfunctioned. Causing it to constantly state the door is ajar when it is closed. Very common problem it seems from many complaints from other Ford Edge owners. It would be great if Ford could step up and recall this problem, since its stretching to the Lincoln brand too. Its very unsafe for these reasons, it causes the cabin light to stay on longer which can cause problems seeing at night til it finally dims, it also drains the battery. Being a single mom, I dont want to be stranded somewhere with my child with a dead battery due to this problem. That being said, not being able to lock doors is a major safety issue. I would like to know my family is safe while driving down the road. Please fix this problem.

- Cottonwood Heights, UT, USA

May 112015

The driver's side door ajar light came on and wouldn't turn off even when the door was closed property, I took to the dealership and they told me that it was a known issue. They replaced the something electrical in the driver's door.

- Reno, NV, USA

Apr 132015

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Edge. After closing the front driver side door, the door ajar sensor illuminated when the door was secured. During the failure, the interior lights remained on while driving the vehicle. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 30,000.

- Menominee, MI, USA

Jul 212012

A message saying 'driver door ajar' appears on the console even when the door is tightly shut. If I try to lock the doors the car would just unlock all doors even while I'm driving. This is very dangerous especially for someone like me who drives my kids to the daycare and school everyday. At nighttime, the internal lights would also not turn off because the car thinks that one of the doors is open. Not only is it draining the battery, it is also basically broadcasting to everyone that the car is open. I have had this problem occur on the car in almost every year I owned it (4 years). It has been to the dealership a number of times. They fix it but it keeps coming back particularly in the summer time. I feel like it should be recalled and I have raised the issue with the dealership and all I hear is 'oh that is a very common problem' but it doesn't seem like they are working on providing a more permanent fix. They need to realize how unsafe driving with all doors unlocked is.

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Sep 052015

While driving several times, the car would stall out. The AWD and wrench light would come on. Unable to accelerate or drive any further. I was almost hit by other vehicles twice trying to coast to the side of the road. Took it to a Ford dealership out of town and was found to have a defaulted throttle body. Have noticed the same complaints about this problem online. Thinking there should be a recall on this part before somebody gets seriously hurt. It cost me $647.57 to have this fixed plus traveling expenses to pick up my car and rent a car.

- Saranac, MI, USA

Aug 212015

Door ajar light (drivers door) and interior light stay on, repeated closing sometimes shuts off lights

- Wilmington, DE, USA

Aug 052015

Door ajar and latch problem. * door ajar signal stays on when door is closed * interior light stays on when door is closed * door won't lock while vehicle is moving

- Stoneham, MA, USA

Jun 262015

This the fourth time door sensor (door not closed) appears and inside dome light is on while driving dash is lite up and worst of all the doors donot lock which concerns us due to having small grand kids in back seating area. If they open door and take their seat belt off we can not stop car fast enough.

- Blanchester, OH, USA

Jan 152012

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Edge. The contact stated that the passenger and driver side door ajar warning lights illuminated. As a result, the doors failed to latch and the interior lights failed to deactivate. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the driver and passenger side door sensors needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. On another occasion, the push to start failed to operate without warning. The contact believed that the failure of the door sensors caused the battery to fail. The battery was replaced, but the failure recurred intermittently. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 20,000.

- Rockledge, FL, USA

May 202014

In may of 2014 my Ford Edge has been having problems with the drivers side door being ajar. When the door is shut the dome lights stay on until you go put it in drive and go over 20mph, then they shut off. Thats the only way to turn the lights off. Its a door sensor issue that needs to be addressed asap. The door is completely shut and the dash icon says "driver door is ajar". it kills the battery and we need to jump it every time we use the vehicle. I just bought a new $109 battery and next week I'll take it to Ford to pay the 500+ dollars for a new sensor. This is a serious issue and it is a very dangerous hazard when operating after sunset. Driving with the dome light on at night is very dangerous for my family. Built Ford tough?

- Puyallup, WA, USA

Jul 012015

The door ajar light stays on for both the driver side and passenger side doors. This is causing the interior lights to stay on and is draining my battery. It is also causing the interior light to stay on at night which is making it hard to see. The doors won't lock when in drive because of this problem too.

- Dalton, GA, USA

Sep 022015

Door ajar sensor/warning will not clear

- Moorestown, NJ, USA

Jul 132015

Rear door(s) show ajar even though the door(s) are closed. I open and close the door(s) and the computer reads them as being ajar and the interior lights stay on for awhile. I can't set my alarm because of the problem. In researching the problem on the web I found out that there are alot of people having the same problem on their Ford products.

- Tustin, CA, USA

Jul 012015

The driver door ajar sensor turns on when the door is shut. The door can be closed multiple times but the door ajar sensor still believes the door is not shut. This causes the battery to drain.

- Stanton, CA, USA

Aug 032015

The driver's side door sensor is not working. Door shows open, and the interior lights won't turn off. Won't lock doors and several other problems. From all the feedback I've read, sure would like to see Ford do the right thing and issue a recall on this problem. Thanks!

- Clarkton, NC, USA

Aug 012015

My 2011 Ford Edge inside interior light stays on for several minutes every time I get in the car, I guess its the sensor on my door but its happened on the back hatch door as well. On my dashboard it tell me that I have an open door which its completely closed but light stays on until I drive off. Or when I get out of the car and lock the doors the light stays on for several minutes, its draining my battery. When all of this happens I can not even lock my doors when I am driving the car, I need to lock my doors for safety purposes, my doors are always unlock because of this issue. Also, car alarm will engage when car is parked and locked.

- Interlaken, NJ, USA

Jul 102015

The drivers door ajar warning indicator remains on after fully closing the door. This will not allow the car doors to lock while driving, nor will it allow for the vehicle to be locked/alarmed when parked. On a couple of occasions, attempts to lock the vehicle have resulted in the alarm and emergency flashers going off. The problem was intermittent for several weeks, but is now constant. A safety as well as a security hazard.

- La Plata, MD, USA