3.2

2011 Ford Edge lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Ford Edge:

2011 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 4 of 7)

Dec 102015

Edge

Driver door ajar switch malfunctioning. Consistently displaying "driver door ajar" when closed. This causes overhead lights to stay on making it difficult to see at night, also causes issues locking the door when exiting vehicle because it thinks the door is still open. This issue occurs everyday on most door openings/closings.

- Wilmington, NC, USA

Dec 032015

Edge

Door ajar alert comes on while driving (car in motion) - doors unlock, overhead lights turn on. I stop, open/shut door firmly continue driving and receive the same message later in the drive. I have on several recent occasions received this alert while stationary. This is occurring off and on but now has become more common. The door is shut but the alert comes on at a variety of intervals and when in motion the doors unlock and the lights overhead come in which can be dangerous in and distracting. Most recent occurrence 12/3/15

- Tucson, AZ, USA

Nov 022015

Edge

Pasenger door ajar light stays on even after the door is closed. The light inside stays on after lucking the door.

- Elmwood Park, NJ, USA

Jun 012014

Edge

Car reports drivers door is ajar. Interior lights stay on while driving and doors can not be locked while driving. Keypad can not be used to lock car. After locking car with remote, lights stay on for an extended period of time leading to fly battery.

- Lafayette, CA, USA

Nov 112014

Edge

Driver-side door sensor does not detect that the door is closed and the "door ajar" warning never turns off.

- Prior Lake, MN, USA

Oct 012015

Edge

Headlights lost brightness. Replacing bulbs does not fix the issue. There appears to be a hazy film on the inside of the round lower beam lens.

- City, IL, USA

Aug 032015

Edge

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Edge. The contact stated that the door ajar warning light remained illuminated even when the door was secured. In addition, the vehicle would not lock until after the third or fourth attempt. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 50,000. The VIN was not available.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Jul 012014

Edge

Driver door adjar stays on, lites will not turn off in car and door lock will unlock and not work when this is on. It has started doing this again while going down the road lite goes on doors unlock. This has happen since we purchased the vechile had it repaired once.

- Rockford, MI, USA

Aug 252015

Edge

Door ajar light comes on and stays on and interior lights will not got out and at night time this is a real hazard from being blinded from the lights and you can't turn them off, also the door locks will not set because of this switch and other safety hazard. It happen about 1 month ago and has been a ongoing problem.

- Wichita, KS, USA

Jul 152015

Edge 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Edge. The contact stated that the passenger door independently registered as open when it was not. As a result, the exterior lighting remained illuminated while driving at any speed. The door ajar warning indicator illuminated. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer to get diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 65,000. Update 01/13/16

- Wichita Falls, TX, USA

Jan 012014

Edge

2011 Ford Edge purchased new. The door ajar indicator comes on when the door is closed. The interior lights stay on and will not go off when the door is closed. I have sprayed brake cleaning solution and also wd-40. This helps for a day or two. The problem has been reported to my Ford dealer and nothing is done. The doors will not lock when the door ajar indicator light is on, and I worry about my families safety. Very frustrating, since I read online about this being a common problem with Ford and the Ford dealer is ignoring my concerns. It seems that profit is more important than the safety of Ford customers. Very, very upset with apathy of Ford.

- Broken Arrow, OK, USA

Apr 152015

Edge

The left rear door ajar light comes on and does not go off even when the door is shut. Also, the interior lights stay on for up to an hour after parking the car, and for 3-5 minutes after starting the car. This is extremely dangerous when driving at night. It has also killed a battery already.

- Wichita, KS, USA

Sep 022014

Edge

The door sensor that registers the driver door being open or shut has malfunctioned. Causing it to constantly state the door is ajar when it is closed. Very common problem it seems from many complaints from other Ford Edge owners. It would be great if Ford could step up and recall this problem, since its stretching to the Lincoln brand too. Its very unsafe for these reasons, it causes the cabin light to stay on longer which can cause problems seeing at night til it finally dims, it also drains the battery. Being a single mom, I dont want to be stranded somewhere with my child with a dead battery due to this problem. That being said, not being able to lock doors is a major safety issue. I would like to know my family is safe while driving down the road. Please fix this problem.

- Cottonwood Heights, UT, USA

Sep 092015

Edge

On 9/9 I left orange beach al to drive home to jonesboro ar with my 2011 Ford Edge - it quit on me at least 45 times. I went to 2 Ford dealers, one mechanic on the road. First Ford dealer had no clue how to fix it and told me to leave 3 or 4 days. Next Ford dealer wanted $1500 4 hours and maybe more. So I kept driving since part costs $184. When driving the car just shuts off. No power steering, now brakes no nothing. If I could I got to the side of the road and turned on my flashers. I waited a few minutes and cranked it back up. Several times on the one lane road headed into hattiesburg I almost got rear ended by 18 wheelers and no side area to pull over - my car just quit - stopped and I stopped. I got to jackson 6 lane road 5:00 P.M rush hour and my car quit 6 times and I almost got hit there several times. My wrench icon comes on, my oil light came on, my engine light is on now also. The car abruptly stops - this is very dangerous - my husband got a car hauler and headed toward me and met me out of jackson. Once, it stopped to abruptly that my dogs hit the dashboard in the front seat and were so scared. They were in the backseat. I have grandchildren that ride with me - so can you imagine the issues that could happen when this car just shuts off. This is a severe problem that Ford needs to address this and so does safercar.gov. I called Ford today and they all but laughed at me and said I needed to get a new throttle body installed and pay for it that the 2011 Ford Edge was not included in the consumer satisfaction program 13N03 that I found on a website. This is a very dangerous problem that Ford needs to address immediately. I could have died yesterday trying to get home - did Ford care no - they will when someone dies.

- Jonesboro, AR, USA

Jul 012015

Edge

The door ajar light stays on for both the driver side and passenger side doors. This is causing the interior lights to stay on and is draining my battery. It is also causing the interior light to stay on at night which is making it hard to see. The doors won't lock when in drive because of this problem too.

- Dalton, GA, USA

Aug 032015

Edge

The driver's side door sensor is not working. Door shows open, and the interior lights won't turn off. Won't lock doors and several other problems. From all the feedback I've read, sure would like to see Ford do the right thing and issue a recall on this problem. Thanks!

- Clarkton, NC, USA

Jun 152015

Edge

My 2011 Ford Edge inside interior light stays on for several minutes every time I get in the car, I guess its the sensor on my door but its happened on the back hatch door as well. On my dashboard it tell me that I have an open door which its completely closed but light stays on until I drive off. Or when I get out of the car and lock the doors the light stays on for several minutes, its draining my battery. When all of this happens I can not even lock my doors when I am driving the car, I need to lock my doors for safety purposes, my doors are always unlock because of this issue. I have been on some other web site where other Ford Edge owners have had this type of issues. It will cost me roughly $400 to fix it which its money I do not have. Why was this not on the recall list. I had this issue fixed once but the dealership only did a band aid job on it and did not completely fix it with new parts - help me - also the dealership that I took my car to does not have a loaner car to use when a customer needs it if their car is being repaired.

- Irving, TX, USA

Jul 012015

Edge

Door ajar sensor stuck on "open" for driver's side front and rear doors. As a result, dome lights stay on causing difficulty seeing at night, and inability to lock doors while in motion. Also, drains battery and has stranded my wife multiple times. Repair is very costly and as I understand it, the replacement part is just as susceptible to the problem as the original equipment. Ford needs to be responsible for this inherent defect.

- Bryan, TX, USA

Aug 042014

Edge

Faulty sensor in the door causes the car to think the driver door is open. Door ajar light stays on and vehicle will not lock when driving! lights eventually time out but when inside the car, the doors do not lock! I have had it fixed three times now and it always comes back.

- Grantsburg, WI, USA

Jun 262014

Edge

The "door ajar" warning light started coming on, intermittently at first and then continuously. Bad sensor. When this occurs, the doors will not lock using the latch and the interior lights stay on for a time. The only way to lock the doors once inside, is to use the key fob. This can be quite dangerous if not in a good area. This problem has drained my battery on more than one occasion. The problem has been diagnosed, however, most Ford dealers want to charge customers $215 plus for diagnostic fees. Only then will they repair the problem. My car is still under warranty, so I still wind up paying about what it costs to repair it. (??) car part stores will run a diagnostic for free... this seems to be a chronic issue. When I researched it, tons of information about this specific problem surfaced. It seems Ford will not issue a recall when it is so obviously needed.

- North Little Rock, AR, USA