3.3

2012 Ford Edge body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Ford Edge:

2012 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 2 of 3)

Apr 082015

Edge

Driver door ajar light comes on. Door has to be opened and closed in the park position several times before the alert goes away. Constantly check the door and it is indeed closed but alert is still there.

- Riverview, FL, USA

Apr 132015

Edge

The contact owns a 2012 Ford Edge. While driving approximately 2 mph, the door light remained illuminated on the instrument panel. The contact had to open and close the door three or four times in order for the light to dim. The failure recurred several times. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 53,052.

- Leavenworth, KS, USA

Jul 302014

Edge

The drivers door does not close all the time and the light comes on and it beeps very annoying......it is a safety hazard as the doors will not lock when this acts up.

- Osceola, WI, USA

Mar 262015

Edge 4-cyl

I pulled out of my driveway and at 9 mph my doors automatically lock. They all locked with the exception of my rear driver door. The door ajar light was still lit on my instrument panel. I opened the door and reclosed it several times. A few harder and a few lighter slams and it never went off. The light stays lit for a few days to a few hours and comes and goes off as it pleases. I have even refrained from using that door and it will still go off and light up when it wants. I have found several posts on the internet of this same issue with other Ford vehicles: F150, Edge, Ranger and escape newer year models from 2007 to current. If the doors do not lock this puts the person or persons in the vehicle at risk. It is a safety hazard. This may also affect the proper activation of the alarm which is also a safety hazard. This is a costly fix that is unnecessary to the consumer since this is such a common problem with Ford trucks and SUVS. It would be a relief to know that Ford could be taking such serious consideration since it puts its consumers in jeopardy. I love Ford and especially my Ford Edge, but this is a very annoying problem and concern for my families' safety.

- Magnolia, TX, USA

Mar 242015

Edge 6-cyl

Ford Edge latch door ajar dome lights stay, doors not lock. Not safe to drive.

- Milwaukee, WI, USA

Nov 012013

Edge

The contact owns a 2012 Ford Edge. The contact stated that the driver side door ajar warning indicator illuminated. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 30,000.

- Mason, MI, USA

Jan 212015

Edge 6-cyl

My drivers door appears to not be closing but I know it is shut. The doors sensor shows on the dashboard that the door is open. I have to slam the door several times to get it to shut. This is a problem because the doors will not lock if I am driving down the road. This can be very dangerous when traveling. I would love to see a recall on this because I have done nothing and I was told by my local Ford dealership that I will have to pay $370 to get it fixed and I just don't see that as fair and reasonable.

- Jena, LA, USA

Feb 232015

Edge

Door ajar light keeps coming on, telling me that my door is open when it is not. This is the second time happening in a 6 month period....

- Lakeside, CA, USA

Feb 152013

Edge

The contact owns a 2012 Ford Edge. The contact stated that the front driver side door warning light illuminated even though the door was closed securely. In addition, the interior dome lights remained illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, where the door ajar sensor was replaced. The failure recurred two years later. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The approximate failure mileage was 25,000.

- Midlothian , VA, USA

Oct 092014

Edge

The contact owns a 2012 Ford Edge. The contact stated that the four interior doors failed to lock. In addition, the front driver side door warning indicator illuminated even when the doors were closed securely. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, who sprayed a lubricant to the front driver side door but the failure persisted. The manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 32,000.

- Alvin, TX, USA

Jan 282015

Edge 4-cyl

The driver door latch sensor went bad. It keeps saying that the door is ajar. When it is not. This is a real safety issue. For example, what if I don't close my door completely, I would expect this warning to come on. But right now the door warning is always on. So I really don't know if my door is properly closed or not. So far I am "slamming my door shut" to ensure that it is properly closed.

- Fairfax, VA, USA

Aug 212014

Edge 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2012 Ford Edge. The contact stated while driving at various speeds, the door ajar warning indicator chime multiple times. The contact mentioned that the lighting on the instrument panel malfunctioned. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the technician cleaned the sensor. However, the failure recurred. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 30,000. Updated 03/10/15 updated 06/17/2015

- Arvada, CO, USA

Sep 202014

Edge 6-cyl

The drivers side door ajar light/warning appears even though the door is fully closed. This prevents all doors from locking. There are times when the warning is not on but after a passenger closes the passenger side door the drivers side door ajar warning turns ons. I have had this issue serviced once by Ford but it is not happening again. Ford issues a service bulletin but that appears to be only a stop gap measure since the problem recurs.

- Fairfax, VA, USA

Jul 152014

Edge 4-cyl

The door ajar warning keeps on lighting up. We have to open and close the drivers door up to 20 times and sometimes the warning goes off and sometimes it does not. It is very annoying because if it doesn't turn off there is a beeping sound going on while you are driving asking you to pull aside and close the door again. It also affects while you are driving at night because the interior lights wont turn off and it makes it difficult to see where you are driving, specially if it's on reverse, or when you get out of the vehicle and put the alarm on, the interior lights keep on and am afraid it will affect my battery in the long run. We took it to service at the dealer but there is no recall yet and it costs around $418 to fix. I think it's a manufacture thing and Ford should be responsible for this fix.

- Chula Vista, CA, USA

Aug 132014

Edge 6-cyl

The indicator light for the driver's side door being ajar will not go off. The door is most definitely not open, yet the indicator does not register the door as being closed no matter what we do.

- Oro Valley, AZ, USA

Feb 142014

Edge

The contact owns a 2012 Ford Edge. While the driver side door was completely closed, the door ajar indicator illuminated and the chime sounded. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 33,500.

- West Bloomfield, MI, USA

Aug 012014

Edge

The driver door light will not go out have to slam door multiple times. Had to go get a replacement door part.

- Corryton, TN, USA

Aug 092014

Edge

I have been having intermittent issues with the sensor not reading that my driver side door is latched. Today, it is constant and will not even allow me to lock the doors! I have tried several times to get it to "latch" and clearly the door is closed, but the "door ajar" warning is still illuminated.

- Thonotosassa, FL, USA

May 262014

Edge 6-cyl

The driver door latch signals that the driver door is ajar when it is not. This prevents the door from locking and also affects the instrument panel display and interior lighting as well as the alarm system.

- Grandview, TX, USA

Mar 012014

Edge

2012 Ford Edge door ajar alarm safety issue.

- Loveland, OH, USA