2012 Ford Edge body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Ford Edge:

2012 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 1 of 4)

Aug 102016

Edge

Driver door ajar light remains on at all times, not sure if door is closed all of the way or not, dome lights remain on as well. This happens while parked whether keys are in the ignition or not and also while driving.

- Imperial, MO, USA

Oct 252016

Edge

The drivers' door latch is not working properly. The door ajar alarm is displayed on the dashboard -and the interior lights will not turn off. It has caused a drained battery and decreased visibility at night -due to glare from interior lights on windshield. I am also not sure if the door is actually properly latched-and if it will open while in motion. I talked to my dealer and was told it would cost $400+ to replace the latch..which I do not think it just -when the car is so new.

- Eldridge, IA, USA

Jan 012015

Edge

My driver side door latch is defective. The sensor is showing that the door is open when the door is actually closed. This causes my interior lights to remain on and it eventually drains my battery.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Mar 012016

Edge

Something has happened to the passenger door/door latch. When fully closed, a message appears on the instrument cluster stating "passenger door ajar". now, when the vehicle is in motion, the doors cannot be locked. If you try to lock them, they unlock automatically. Dealer won't fix as it is out of warranty.

- Holt, MO, USA

Oct 172016

Edge 6-cyl

Door ajar warning comes on when door is closed. Doors won't lock, lights stay on. The door doesn't seem to be open, but I am concerned that it might open while driving. The doors not locking and lights remaining on are safety concerns when I am driving. This started happening a few months ago, and continues to occur every few days.

- China Village, ME, USA

Oct 022016

Edge

Rear left door ajar open alarm don't does even when the door is closed. It randomly works and cause centre lock not locked automatically! please help me to keep my kids save. Thanks

- As Sulaimanayh, TX, USA

Oct 102016

Edge

When door is completely closed.. driver door ajar awareness signal and alarm goes off and continuously repeats and interior light stays on.

- Mauriceville, TX, USA

Jan 042016

Edge

Driver side door ajar warning light and message displayed after entering or exiting the vehicle even though the door is shut. Problem occurs intermittently, seemingly more often when outside temperatures reach above 70 degrees. Attempts to open and shut the door multiple times often does not resolve the issue. When issue occurs the doors do not lock automatically when the vehicle begins moving, interior lights remain on. Occurs when starting to drive the vehicle or when parking. If parking, when the key fob "lock" button is pushed the horn honks twice rather than the normal single honk, indicating that the security alarm is not activated. Problem occurred within the first 10K miles and was fixed by Ford dealership under warranty. Problem started to occur again around 35K miles (Jan 2016).

- Monroe, WA, USA

Sep 292016

Edge

"door ajar" sensor began appearing on dashboard sporadically for 1 month. All doors were closed per normal, door locks were negative function while sensor active and vehicle was either parked or moving. After 1 month, sensor was on permanently. Door latch/S rr'd at Ford dealership where this used cpo Edge was purchased 13 months prior. Cost of repair: $540. Service manager has advised me that in the event of a recall for this issue, I will be reimbursed the entire amount by Ford. Yeah...right!

- Mission Viejo, CA, USA

Jan 052016

Edge

Soon after purchasing a used 2012 Edge, the open door light on the dash came on and would not go off. All doors were closed. Also the doors would not lock when the light came on which became a safety hazard particularly when transporting children. Brought it to my mechanic and he said the door latch and light switch was one module and that it had to be replaced to the tune of about $500. Once replaced the problem was solved. Looking online, this is a really common problem. I feel its a defect that should be recalled and replaced!

- Windsor Locks, CT, USA

Oct 032016

Edge

The driver side door ajar light stays on when the door is actually closed, causing the interior lights to stay on. Had the switch cleaned at a Ford dealer a year ago and now started to do the same thing.

- Campbellsport, WI, USA

Jun 202014

Edge

The driver side door does not always register as closed. While driving at speed with the door securely closed it will display warnings on the dash, unlock all doors (including rear doors with my children in the backseats) and turn on the dome lights. This has happened when starting the car, while traveling and when parked and idling. It also means that I cannot lock my doors when I leave it parked. It causes interior and exterior lights to remain lit when car is off and drain the battery. I am concerned for the safety of me and my family as well as the security of my vehicle.

- Avon, CT, USA

Feb 152016

Edge

Driver's door ajar warning light stays on, doors will not lock, interior light stays

- Fort Myers, FL, USA

Aug 012016

Edge

The door latch for the driver side door does not latch properly. Majority of the time it will continue to say door ajar no matter how many times you try to reopen and close the door. Can be worrisome not knowing if the door is fully closed. This just randomly started happening.

- Houston, TX, USA

Sep 062016

Edge

Drivers side door ajar light stays on the whole time during driving conditions on my 2012 Ford Edge, the dome light also stays on making it very difficult to drive the car in the night time. When parked the dome lights stay on during this period also. This started happening on a fulltime basis in Sept 2016

- Stockbridge, GA, USA

Jul 252016

Edge

The driver door latch has a censor that goes out and causes the car door to think it's open when it is actually closed. This is a safety issue as you could be driving down the road with the dome light on. Or not paying attention when it keeps beeping at you while your driving. There are thousands of cases for the car. This needs to be recalled. This is costing owners $500 for a defect in Ford.

- Kennewick, WA, USA

Sep 022016

Edge

The door ajar indicator remains on resulting in an inability to lock doors, interior lights remain on, warning chimes/notifications continue while driving. Latch appears to be faulty.

- Midlothian, VA, USA

Sep 032016

Edge

Vehicle says that the drivers side door is ajar but the door is closed and latched. Causing the vehicle not to lock and the interior lights to stay on.

- Warsaw, IN, USA

Sep 012016

Edge

The front door ajar light started coming on and staying on no matter how you slammed the door shut (it was not ajar). When stopping it would say to put it in park and shut the door. When parked the inside lights would remain on, draining the battery, ruining the battery.

- Castle Rock, CO, USA

Aug 232016

Edge

While driving home from work last week, the drivers door ajar alarm sounded, the interior lights came on and the door locks disengaged. I pulled into a parking lot to re-close the door; which silenced the alarm; but the interior lights stayed on. As I pulled out and got back up to the speed the locks would normally engage, the drivers door alarm sounded again, interior lights remained on and locks never engaged, even when pressing the lock button. Pulled over a 2nd time - with the same result. The third time I pulled off the road, I shut the vehicle off and sat for about 5 minutes. Again, the same plus the shift into park alarm also sounded as soon as I reached speed when the locks should engage. I continued home listening to 2 alarms blare, the interior lights limiting my view and the doors refusing to lock. When I got home, the interior lights stayed on for almost an hour after I got out of the vehicle; it wasn't until I pulled the exterior door handle a couple times that the lights went out. The next morning, my drive to work was uneventful; that evening on my way home, both alarms are going off, interior lights are on and doors will not lock. On the second evening, I noticed the door ajar warning never came on after I started the vehicle until I reached the speed the door locks should have engaged.

- Reynoldsburg, OH, USA