2012 Ford Edge body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Ford Edge:

2012 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 2 of 4)

Feb 162016

2012 Ford Edge SE. I notice that sometimes it would show door ajared warning light. I would have open and close my door several times before the light go off. Then it progress to the point now it's permernant. Now doors won't lock while driving, interior lights momentarily stay on and the alarm beeps twice ( warning that the door ajar is keeping it from setting properly.

- New Haven, CT, USA

Jan 012016

Power steering wines and is not responsive in temperatures below 35 degrees. Also the drivers door latch does not work properly warning light says door ajar and dome light stays on.

- Howard, PA, USA

Feb 122016

The driver door sensor states the door is ajar, although it is closed, registers open. The latch is defective.the door ajar warning sounds on the dash board, dome lights stay on and doors do not lock. Door has to be opened and slammed closed many times for the warning to go off, but only temporarily. Hard to lock car, dome light stays on. Happens while driving, in park, basically anytime the car is on. Had the issue fixed at a dealership - had to pay $494!! I see this is an issue with many Ford Edge owners - Ford needs to get this fixed and recall - unsafe!!!

- Oregon City, OR, USA

Feb 012016

The door sensor says the driver's door is open when it is not and stays on. This does not allow the door locks to close and is unsafe. The interior lights also go on and stay on for a period of time.

- Stillwater, MN, USA

Feb 012016

Driver's door sensor is faulty. The vehicle's instrument panel will indicate that the door is ajar when it is firmly closed. This alert often appears while the vehicle is in motion. When I exit the vehicle and the problem occurs, this will prevent the interior lights from going out and it will prevent the security system from arming. This problem is distracting while driving due to the alerts and the interior lighting, especially at night. The issue has also resulted in theft from my vehicle. When the vehicle is off, the dome lights do not go off as the sensor indicates the door is open. While parked outside my house, my vehicle was broken into without the alarm sounding, resulting in theft of personal items including checks, cash, and electronics. The vehicle's battery has also drained overnight to the point of needing a jump start.

- Springfield, IL, USA

Dec 082015

2012 Ford Edge began having a "door ajar" error. When this happens, you are unable to lock the doors with the keypad. Not being able to lock the vehicle is a major issue. This problem is caused by the failure of a micro switch assembled in the latch mechanism. When this switch fails, the signal to tell the car the door is closed is not sent.

- Holland, MI, USA

Jun 102015

Typical "door is ajar" error message. Upon closing the door, the error message "door is ajar" pops up and the dome lights stay on with the chimes ringing. I also have a problem with the error message "shift to park". I believe these could be related. Ford dealer replaced the switch assembly but this didn't solve my problem. This needs recalled as thousands are experiencing this saftey issue with this vehicle!

- Washington, PA, USA

Nov 042015

Driver side door sensor is faulty and says my door is open while it is closed and keep dome light on and doesn't lock door when closed and use the keypad outside.

- Coldwater, MI, USA

Nov 092015

The drivers door ajar light goes on after the door is correctly closed. This problem has gotten worse over the course of a couple of weeks. The light now stays on continuously and when the car slows to a stop a yellow panel light tells the driver to put the car in park. This is very dangerous and must be corrected as soon as possible!

- Westminster, CO, USA

Nov 092015

My 2012 Ford Edge has driver door ajar indicator, closing the door repeatedly does not correct the problem. The car keeps telling me to shift to park. The door switch is a module inside the door.

- Franklin, TN, USA

Oct 262015

Drivers door ajar repeatedly comes on, dome light illuminates, message to put in park shows. Called Ford Motor Co. Who reports no recall!! this is a safety issue as it prohibits door locking, turns on interior light during night driving. Ford advised that they didn't know if this would be covered by my extended warranty. How can that be? all they could do was give me a case number if it ever turns into a recall. Even if out of warranty, this should be considered a latent manufacture safety defect! leaves me wondering how many owners need to report much less be injured before Ford takes care of it. I would advise all who have experienced this to report to Ford customer service.

- Nanjemoy, MD, USA

Aug 242015

Receiving "driver door ajar" warning while driving, even though the door is secure. At one point I would lock the doors and as I drove the warning would sound and the locks would pop open. The door latch was replaced once before in 2012 by the dealer while still under warranty. Now the dealer wants to charge me several hundred dollars to replace it again.

- Columbus, GA, USA

Sep 102014

Have had the same issues with both the driver door and rear passenger (drivers side) latch or sensor improperly working. Both door latches and or sensors malfunctions make the door ajar light in the instrument panel stay lit, and makes the overhead lights stay on. The interior light staying on makes it difficult to drive at night and also drains the battery.

- Myrtle Beach, SC, USA

Aug 192014

The door ajar does not shut matter how I close the all stop signs red lights it continues to tell me to shift to park because of "door ajar".the interior dome light will not shut off because of the "door ajar".I cant see out my rear view mirror because of the interior dome afraid to drive the car I never know if im going to fall out while driving due to "door ajar".I brought it in to Ford for repair later found out they just "cleaned the wiring".9 months later problem is back and even worse. Something needs to be done about this.

- Worcester , MA, USA

May 172015

The contact owns a 2012 Ford Edge. The contact stated that the driver door ajar warning indicator illuminated when the door was closed. The contact mentioned that due to the failure the door was unable to be locked from the inside. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 34,000.

- Indianapolis, IN, USA

Jun 102015

Edge 6-cyl

2fmdk4jcxcba79557 without injury or change by us to the car, the "door ajar" warning began showing up in the instrument panel. The door is securely closed. The warning is on the panel, the warning beep is sounding, and the interior light remains on until you drive forward about 30 feet. This makes backing out of parking spaces, driveways, etc difficult because there is no way to see where you are going because of the bright light. Lubricating the door latch assembly does nothing to help. Updated 10/9/15.......updated 10/19/15 updated 12/21/15

- Menomonie, WI, USA

Jun 222015

Door ajar comes on when I start the vehicle. This causes the dome light to come on and I can only get the sensor to go off when I drive forward and open and close the door while driving. At night, the dome light prevents me from seeing behind me when reversing, but I'm unable to use my "trick" of going forward and opening and closing the door to get the sensor to go off until I am fully backed up. The sensor also tells my vehicle that the door is open even when I exit the vehicle causing the dome light to stay on all night and I'm worried about it draining the battery.

- Slidell, LA, USA

Jun 012015

Drivers door ajar warning will not go off. This is making the interior lights to remain on, the door won't lock will in the car. Need help in getting this to be handled by Ford Motor Company.

- Columbus, GA, USA

Apr 012015

My driver side door does not register as closed. The cabin lights stay on and the doors don't always lock because the car thinks the door is ajar when it is not. When driving the car I get an alarm in the dashboard that continually states the driver side door is ajar.

- Bellevue, WA, USA

Sep 012014

Drive door ajar on panel, doors won't lock, interior light stays on initially, while driving it will say to shift to park due to the door ajar...when you accelerate, the doors do not lock like normal. After turning car off sometimes can't lock to vehicle and the interior light stays on for about 5 minutes.

- Cardington, OH, USA