3.3

2012 Ford Edge electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Ford Edge:

2012 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 14 of 17)

Nov 292014

Edge 6-cyl

Door ajar light came on and does not go off. Door is fully closed. This causes the overhead lights to stay on for some time making it hard to see when driving at night. This also causes the warning bells to go off intermittently while driving. A light will go on telling you to shift into park while driving down the road. Very distractive. Door locks do not function properly which can be dangerous in itself. Dealer tells me this is a faulty door ajar sensor. They want $500 to make my car safe to drive. Searching the web shows that this is an ongoing problem with Ford products that they are quite aware of. I feel Ford should be responsible for safety related issues on their products and that a recall should be issued to make these cars safe. Thank you

- Eureka, IL, USA

Oct 092014

Edge

Driver door ajar warning comes up even though the door is closed. I had this "fixed" at team Ford in las vegas earlier this year, and it is coming on again.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Nov 112014

Edge 6-cyl

The battery was going dead when vehicle left off and parked overnight. The gear shift is not communicating that the vehicle is in park and the displays would come on and drain the battery overnight. The error was mis-diagnosed and a new battery was purchased. The issues continued and the dealership states it is the gear shifter wiring. This should be a recall item, there is nothing to be done in normal daily use that could have prevented this.

- Aurora, CO, USA

Nov 202014

Edge 6-cyl

Drivers side door ajar alarm will not clear. Door is fully shut, but door ajar alarm is always on, interior light is on and doors will not lock.

- Murfreesboro, TN, USA

Oct 082014

Edge 6-cyl

Door ajar sensor was bad on the drivers door. The door ajar light would stay on constantly.

- Okmulgee, OK, USA

Nov 012014

Edge

The contact owns a 2012 Ford Edge. The contact stated the driver side door ajar warning indicator illuminated. The vehicle was not taken to a dealer or independent mechanic. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The VIN was unavailable. The approximate failure mileage was 26,000.

- Hayward, CA, USA

Nov 112014

Edge 6-cyl

Door sensor is not working properly. "door ajar" notice continues to stay on, even though the doors are all closed. It appears this issue is not under warranty and will cost several hundred dollars to repair at the dealership.

- Cordova, TN, USA

Oct 242014

Edge 4-cyl

The driver side door ajar sensor is malfunctioning. Even though door appears closed, the sensor indicates it is not closed. This results in the dome lights being on, even when driving at night, making it difficult to see the road. It also regularly tells me to put the car into park, even when driving 65 mph down the road.

- Rocklin, CA, USA

Jul 042013

Edge

Both driver and front passenger doors ajar sensors do no work properly. The doors are shut and the vehicle sensors do not reflect that.

- Coral Springs , FL, USA

Oct 142014

Edge 6-cyl

Instrument panel continuously reports driver's door is ajar when it is closed. This prevents the doors from locking (can't prevent children from opening doors while vehicle is in motion). Also, this causes the instrument panel to continuously ask the driver to shift to park when coming to a stop. Also, this causes the interior lighting to fail to dim until the car is in forward motion.

- Lafayette, IN, USA

Sep 152014

Edge 6-cyl

The warning signal "shift to park" and "drivers door ajar" is constantly on. It was intermittent for the past two months, but now it is constantly on, no matter how hard I slam the door. So I have to drive with the warning signals and bells. The doors do not lock when I'm driving. I cannot lock my car when I leave it, as the lights inside will not go off. I think Ford needs to issue a recall on this.

- Seattle, WA, USA

Oct 132014

Edge 4-cyl

Door ajar indicator does not go off after passenger door is closed. Car is less than 3 years old but out of warranty due to mileage. Therefore, dealer charged $430 to fix. Thanks and goodbye Ford!

- Boca Raton, FL, USA

Sep 082014

Edge

My drive side door does not sense it is closed and the light stays on and the dome lights stay on longer. Periodically because the switch is saying the door is open, the dome light, headlights and rear lights will go on when nobody is in the car.

- Muskego, WI, USA

Sep 152014

Edge 6-cyl

A message warning "shift to park" appears on the car dashboard when the car has already been put into park position. This warning message disallows the driver to turn the car off - shut of the engine. The car is already in park and message light continues to be on display on dashboard.

- Woodbury, MN, USA

Oct 012013

Edge

When door is closed the door alarm still goes off and shows door open on screen. After opening and closing the door several times, it sometimes goes off and sometimes stays on. Very annoying. Ford should fix. Have had to drive down road with alarm going off even though door is closed and locked.

- Sinking Spring , PA, USA

Sep 012014

Edge 4-cyl

One day while preparing to drive the kids to school, I entered the driver's side of my vehicle and shut the door. I started the engine via the push button ignition and the dash gave an audible alarm and light for my driver door being ajar. I opened my door and firmly closed it. The light remained showing my driver's side door as being ajar. Since then this occurs every time I drive my vehicle. The proximity unlock feature of my vehicle does not work on this side now either, I assume due to it not registering the door as closed. This feature works on the passenger side where I do not have this door ajar issue. While driving the auto-lock feature does not work either due to it registering the driver's side door ajar.

- Clinton, TN, USA

Jun 092014

Edge 6-cyl

Problem: Driver door ajar warning comes on even if door is shut. I drove it like this for about 4 weeks when both high beams and regular beam headlights burned out simultaneously at night. I had to drive with flashers until a gas station to call my wife and come get me. I took it in for repair and they said there might be a short due to door latch problem, so they suggested I replace battery and headlights for $400+. by the way, the dealer said he oiled the door latch and it was fixed. It was not fixed. The door ajar warning still comes on as I drive. What is bad is when I park in a public lot, the car will not shut off interior lights as the car thinks door is ajar. In addition, I can not lock the car with the fob so I need to lock each door separately and keep slamming doors until it goes off. At low speeds under 20mph the door ajar warning says put car in park. Can you imagine the accident if someone was stupid enough to put a rolling car in park because of a faulty door latch sensor! all I ask is a recall or at least have the dealers acknowledge they have a problem and fix it.

- Mendham, NJ, USA

Sep 232014

Edge 6-cyl

Drivers door ajar alert will not turn off. Computer says to put car in park and shut door. This does not resolve the door ajar error. A second problem is now occurring; the back up camera message is asking if you want it on. I have always had mine on, so why is it continually asking. A third peculiar behavior I'm noticing is that when you put the car in park, and shut the engine off, if you had the radio on, it normally stays on until you open the door, now, the radio shuts off immediately as do the dashboard instruments.

- Frisco, TX, USA

Sep 032014

Edge 6-cyl

Door ajar light for driver's door keeps going on and we are unable to lock the doors (and the door is latched). It is a distraction to have the warning light go on indicating you should put the vehicle in park. When minor children are passengers this is a safety concern because the doors cannot be locked. There should be a recall on this since a large volume of complaints on this issue are being filed.

- Markesan, WI, USA

Sep 202014

Edge 6-cyl

The drivers side door ajar light/warning appears even though the door is fully closed. This prevents all doors from locking. There are times when the warning is not on but after a passenger closes the passenger side door the drivers side door ajar warning turns ons. I have had this issue serviced once by Ford but it is not happening again. Ford issues a service bulletin but that appears to be only a stop gap measure since the problem recurs.

- Fairfax, VA, USA